Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are there any new regulation that pertain to privatley selling a NR firearm?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ABNDT View Post
    Canada Gazette, Part II, Volume 155, Number 14

Registration
    SI/2021-35 July 7, 2021

AN ACT TO AMEND CERTAIN ACTS AND REGULATIONS IN RELATION TO FIREARMS

https://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p2/2021/...-tr35-eng.html
    If you read that part II, it only activates the lifetime background check and the automatic ATT changes.

Nowhere in Part II has the proposed NR transfer regulations been activated, which was OP's question.

Quote Originally Posted by bogusiii View Post
    What then is the significance of the July 7 date then? Regardless, it appears the CFC is asking for transfer numbers and asking about what is being transferred. It that legit? Are they anticipating the change are responding to it?
    July 7th is when certain provisions (but not the NR transfer regulations) were activated.

No, there are no legal grounds for the CFP to refuse your request for license verification or impose the requirement that you inform them what you are transferring to them.

That said they can still take you for a ride if you make a complaint that slowly winds its way up the chain. Instead of having an ombudsman to make a complaint to.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    They will have a fun day with me. I had around 100 R and non restricted which I all sold in 2015. Haha - of course according to the law at the time. I have no frickin idea where my NR went and I do not keep records. Man oh man.

But since they saw me selling all of my R, should be easy, or not.

Wish I would have kept them, oh man. 2 to 3 times more dough today. some of them never even pop up on the EE.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    From 2012 to up to know, these years were golden for purchasing and did we ever stock up on NR's. Good time puchasing is behind us. We knew it was coming. JP.
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12