Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Bye for now, From Frontier to our Friend Sturm Ruger.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar

Good Bye for now, From Frontier to our Friend Sturm Ruger.

Well it has been a 15 year relationship for us. A great selling brand, well made, well known.

Our focus as a mail order store has been constantly evolving and we need to focus on what sells well & what our market buys.

Unfourtunatly the prices have been rising steady on this brand. We have a number of different firearms projects that we are working on, and we have decided to thin the herd to free up space.

We only have a couple dozen Rugers left. Starting today all Ruger firearms are 10% off. Looking at the new prices coming out, this will put some of these sale prices close to the new dealer cost.

Dont get us wrong, they are still a great gun, they are just not a good fit for us anymore. We have a few surplus/used firearm deals that are in the works that we will soon be rolling out shortly in Rugers place.

All Rugers can be found under this link. The 10% is a "Cart level Discount", which means that when you add the firearm to your cart, the discount will calculate.
    Last edited by Frontier Firearms; 08-05-2021 at 03:03 PM.

Both Ruger and Hornady have gone nuts with their pricing. we will see what happens if the insane demand drops off.

Isn’t Ruger still distributed by Korth in Canada? I remember the prices on Ruger jumped when they took over.
    Korth has always taken their pound of flesh when applying the Canada tax.

Isn’t Ruger still distributed by Korth in Canada? I remember the prices on Ruger jumped when they took over.
    Korth has always taken their pound of flesh when applying the Canada tax.
    Prices have come up for some time with both importers, but its based on Rugers production price. In a free market they determian a plan that works best for them. There have been allot of companies that have folded in the last 10 years, having the cheapest guns does not ensure profitability. Each company needs to set out a model that works best for them.

I am sorry to see a dealer drop a big name brand, but you have clearly explained your rationale. This must be an especially difficult decision considering the record shortages of all product, and Sturm Ruger's recent acquisition of the Marlin brand.

It has always made me wonder whether their Ruger American line would have sold better if the long-action models (.270, .30-06, and .300 WM) had been widely available in Canada. As far as I could tell, they weren't.

New commercial firearms prices have gone up so much , that it's not really viable for most small businesses to stock them
    There was a time when you imported surplus firearms to balance out your inventories
    Even most surplus isn't inexpensive now
    I kind of think that importers aren't buying guns by the thousands anymore and getting good prices for doing it

Sad to hear this, i love the ruger 77/22 all weather i bought from you guys years ago, still one of my favourite plinkers

Sad to hear this, i love the ruger 77/22 all weather i bought from you guys years ago, still one of my favourite plinkers
    Have 2 Ruger 10-22 rifles great guns!

Ruger still makes great guns in a lot of various models. Sorry to hear you won't be carrying them.

In saying that, where does one draw the line? Browning is expensive, so is Tikka!....

Does one stop carrying all brands due to price increase and demand shortages?

I don't question your business decision, I understand guns are getting pricey. But they all are, in this day and age.

IMHO.........
    Last edited by Thunderhog; 08-05-2021 at 06:09 PM.
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Quote Originally Posted by bunny View Post
    Both Ruger and Hornady have gone nuts with their pricing. we will see what happens if the insane demand drops off.
    As long as Turdy and Biden are in power demand will only increase. They say demand is up 3000% in the United States and close to 800% in Canada.

Let's flush the Turd on this up and coming election, if he gets a majority we can all kiss our rights and firearm ownership in Canada good-bye!......
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast