New Production Mosin Nagant based on MOSIN NAGANT MODEL M44

Molot must be on the embargo list.. But it's definitely cool to see new production runs of good old Mosins and SVTs! Kinda like AIA Enfields.

$1100 for a M44/38. Wow. I feel like Rip Van Winkle. $700-800 , o.k. I can see that ,but $1100 for a M38/44/ I guess my Molot PU by that math must be a $2500 rifle. Head shake, gonna go back to sleep.

old rip

CZ527 available for $900. I just don't get one would pay $200 more for a new production, non collectible Mosin. Oh well, guess spend your money like you wish.

$1100 for a M44/38. Wow. I feel like Rip Van Winkle. $700-800 , o.k. I can see that ,but $1100 for a M38/44/ I guess my Molot PU by that math must be a $2500 rifle. Head shake, gonna go back to sleep.

old rip

It is a tough one to swallow when you can still come across Polish m44s that are nicer and cheaper, but I guess it is what is.

Interesting that retail price on it about $240 CAD. New production of Mosins are nice, I hope that price will go down though, $1000 for M44 without historical value is a bit high in my opinion.

OP-SKS is likely a converted surplus SKS actually. There are some legal requirements to be met in Russia to sell milsurp to civilian market, so OP-SKS is just a rebranded milusrp SKS with those mods implemented. That's why the price is cheap.

It is a tough one to swallow when you can still come across Polish m44s that are nicer and cheaper, but I guess it is what is.

New production runs are not going to have milsurp prices, that should be pretty obvious.. grab a real M44/M38 while you still can, they are on their way to $2500 Garands and $1500 Lee Enfields.

This is clearly a surplus rifle that someone has refurbed and polished and trying to post as new. There is no way they are making new Mosin receivers. If proof can be provided, that would be great but to me this seems like marketing tactic for a heavy scrubbed and polished Mosin.

This is clearly a surplus rifle that someone has refurbed and polished and trying to post as new. There is no way they are making new Mosin receivers. If proof can be provided, that would be great but to me this seems like marketing tactic for a heavy scrubbed and polished Mosin.

Read post #15. It's clearly a refurb rifle with a new barrel. No mystery. No conspiracy. I hope someone buys one and posts a review.

How do people not understand what this is and why it costs what it does? Do you think tradesmen work for free? I cost the mill I work for $1k a day to employ. Some days I produce a heck of a lot less than re barreling a rifle and cleaning it up to this extent.
I think it’s a bargain compared to what you get for this price in a mass produced rifle.

How do people not understand what this is and why it costs what it does? Do you think tradesmen work for free? I cost the mill I work for $1k a day to employ. Some days I produce a heck of a lot less than re barreling a rifle and cleaning it up to this extent.
I think it’s a bargain compared to what you get for this price in a mass produced rifle.

Thanks for your notes. I don't think a lot of people understand the true cost of skilled and technical labor.

You're comparing labor costs in North America compared to middle of no where Russisa.

You're comparing labor costs in North America compared to middle of no where Russisa.

Do you think that people in Russia are still working for food like in the age of Communism? Or that they don't use modern mills most likely bought from one of the Western companies?

Do you think that people in Russia are still working for food like in the age of Communism? Or that they don't use modern mills most likely bought from one of the Western companies?

I doubt they see 1k a week, however , goods are priced as to what the market will bear. it is a capitalistic concept as old as humanity.

Back
Top Bottom