Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NEW Primary Arms SLX Micro Prism 1x ACSS

Yup, I’m in please let us know the retailers! Been waiting for these for a while to replace my micro red dots due to my astigmatism.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DinduNuffin View Post
    Hopefully that means around $320 CAD and not $399 if we get gouged.

Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    Yup, I’m in please let us know the retailers! Been waiting for these for a while to replace my micro red dots due to my astigmatism.
    Marstar Canada

Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    Yes, 2 or 3x preferred. I love the mount options with these ... hope it comes with them.
    Comes w multiple mounts.

New 3x Magnifier for 2021

http://primaryarmsoptics.com/catalog/

Quote Originally Posted by 1ABNDT View Post
    Marstar Canada
    Comes w multiple mounts.
    New 3x Magnifier for 2021

http://primaryarmsoptics.com/catalog/
    Thanks... yeah very interesting optics indeed!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Primary Arms really nailed it with their mount options and the finer turret adjustment compared to the Vortex micro prisms..... I think I might prefer the vortex reticle but the flexibility of the mounts for helping maximize eye relief is clearly better with the Primary Arms offerings. I wouldn't be surprised to see vortex come out with a new mount to satisfy people complaining of eye relief issues with their 3X model.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    Primary Arms really nailed it with their mount options and the finer turret adjustment compared to the Vortex micro prisms..... I think I might prefer the vortex reticle but the flexibility of the mounts for helping maximize eye relief is clearly better with the Primary Arms offerings. I wouldn't be surprised to see vortex come out with a new mount to satisfy people complaining of eye relief issues with their 3X model.
    Something I hadn’t yet considered, what is the ideal mount and eye relief for a 3x prism optic?

Says 2.7 inches which is very short!

Gonna need the straight spacer and cantilever high mount for say a Tavor x95 huh
    Verba volant, scripta manent!
    “When injustice becomes law, an armed rebellion becomes duty” ~ The Internet

Picked up a PA SLX 25 MD from Marstar last week, it has a new ACSS reticle with holdovers that relate to several calibres, including SG. Can't wait to pair it with a Magnifier.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    Something I hadn’t yet considered, what is the ideal mount and eye relief for a 3x prism optic?

Says 2.7 inches which is very short!

Gonna need the straight spacer and cantilever high mount for say a Tavor x95 huh
    It depends a bit on what your expectations are but your going to want it as far back as possible, some people want to have a flip up sight at the rear and I think that's where the eye relief could be an issue. Also some guns have rails that might be shorter.

If your eye relief is a bit on the longer side you will still be able to use the sight but you will start to get a smaller viewable area with a ring around it... personally I don't think it's that big of a deal as the ring helps you centre your eye perfectly and with such a low level of magnification you can still shoot both eyes open (depending on your vision) or just close your non dominant eye for the shot. It looks like primary has designed cantilevered mounts to allow the sight to be pushed further back which will help people that don't like the vortex's single mount option.

Another great "feature" of prism optics is you can switch on the illumination and cap the front of the optic and it will look like a red dot with 1x magnification shooting with both eyes open as your eyes will compensate and overlay the illuminated reticle onto what both your non dominant eye is seeing.

You can run it as a red dot in lower light situations if needed and then open up the objective lens to take advantage of the 3x magnification. It looks like they have threaded the front objective lens to allow for an extension hood to be mounted but that is about the only weakness I see if it being a bit difficult to mount a flip up cap out of the box.....
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast