Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NEW Primary Arms SLX Micro Prism 1x ACSS

Threads are for "ARD"

Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    Something I hadn’t yet considered, what is the ideal mount and eye relief for a 3x prism optic?

Says 2.7 inches which is very short!

Gonna need the straight spacer and cantilever high mount for say a Tavor x95 huh
    No the Tavor has rail right up to your nose if you are holding it in a modern non-bladed stance, it won’t need that to work

Quote Originally Posted by $kull View Post
    No the Tavor has rail right up to your nose if you are holding it in a modern non-bladed stance, it won’t need that to work
    I've been watching these, specially because they have shorter eye relief. Currently running an LPVO with longer eye relief, so its mounted further forward than I'd like. Short eye relief helps to maintain the rearward weight balance on the platform (though it's less of an issue with a lighter optic).

Quote Originally Posted by $kull View Post
    True about the cantilever but still purely for height... Tavor rifles start off almost an inch lower than the equivalent AR platforms leading to having to use risers or optics with a generous elevation built into the base.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianGrouch View Post
    I've been watching these, specially because they have shorter eye relief. Currently running an LPVO with longer eye relief, so its mounted further forward than I'd like. Short eye relief helps to maintain the rearward weight balance on the platform (though it's less of an issue with a lighter optic).

Don't sweat the eye relief on the PA products there have the best in the biz, if you watch the video the optic has an eye relief of 6".

Most prismatic optics are very short eye relief, PA have the most relief that I know of, especially in these models.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ABNDT View Post
    Don't sweat the eye relief on the PA products there have the best in the biz, if you watch the video the optic has an eye relief of 6".
    These optics are easily used outside of their max distance(eye relief) for a full view through the eyepiece

I'm pretty sure they list this optic as being less then a quarter inch more then the similar vortex model, at around 2.7 inches or something like that.

It can still be used with a reduced field of view out to longer distances but I can't see them doubling the eye relief over vortex (6") and then not listing that in their specs.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    These optics are easily used outside of their max distance(eye relief) for a full view through the eyepiece

I'm pretty sure they list this optic as being less then a quarter inch more then the similar vortex model, at around 2.7 inches or something like that.

It can still be used with a reduced field of view out to longer distances but I can't see them doubling the eye relief over vortex (6") and then not listing that in their specs.

Like I said watch the video, for you guys that are lazy. Here's the time stamp 7:20 "up to 6" ER" I've gotten rid of all my Vortex and replaced with PA.

[youtube]a2VMG87P8sk[/youtube]

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ABNDT View Post

Like I said watch the video, for you guys that are lazy. Here's the time stamp 7:20 "up to 6" ER" I've gotten rid of all my Vortex and replaced with PA.
    Thanks, I watched it a week ago.... do you really think PA got their own specs that wrong? I just assumed that he was describing the "usable" eye relief as I noted, not the "full view" eye relief as listed at 3.6" for the 1X and 2.7 for the 3X..... but I guess we will see soon enough.... Excuse the pun.

Edit, I just looked at their latest info on their new line and interestingly enough they list the eye relief as,

Usable Eye Relief Range: 2” to 6” with 3.6” for optimum Field of View
    Optimum Field of View is a better way of describing what I was trying to say "max distance(eye relief) for a full view through the eyepiece"
    Last edited by Can-down; 08-13-2021 at 11:38 AM.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast