NEW Primary Arms SLX Micro Prism 1x ACSS

Gravel Agency

Expired Industry Member
Coming Soon!

The Primary Arms SLX MP (Micro Prism) 1X Optic with the Cyclops 2 ACSS Reticle. Etched reticle with 13 Brightness settings and 29,000 hour battery Life!

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2021/01/27/shot-2021-primary-arms-slx-1x-and-3x-microprism-scopes/

Looks incredible! Interested in both the X1 and the X3
Primary-Arms-SLx-1x-Micro-Prism-SLx-3x-MicroPrism-3.png

3x MicroPrism

Primary Arms really nailed it with their mount options and the finer turret adjustment compared to the Vortex micro prisms..... I think I might prefer the vortex reticle but the flexibility of the mounts for helping maximize eye relief is clearly better with the Primary Arms offerings. I wouldn't be surprised to see vortex come out with a new mount to satisfy people complaining of eye relief issues with their 3X model.

Primary Arms really nailed it with their mount options and the finer turret adjustment compared to the Vortex micro prisms..... I think I might prefer the vortex reticle but the flexibility of the mounts for helping maximize eye relief is clearly better with the Primary Arms offerings. I wouldn't be surprised to see vortex come out with a new mount to satisfy people complaining of eye relief issues with their 3X model.

Something I hadn’t yet considered, what is the ideal mount and eye relief for a 3x prism optic?

Says 2.7 inches which is very short!

Gonna need the straight spacer and cantilever high mount for say a Tavor x95 huh

Picked up a PA SLX 25 MD from Marstar last week, it has a new ACSS reticle with holdovers that relate to several calibres, including SG. Can't wait to pair it with a Magnifier.

PA-SLX-MD-25-ACSS_14.jpg

PA-SLX-MD-25-ACSS_00.jpg

PA-SLX-MD-25-ACSS_07.jpg

Something I hadn’t yet considered, what is the ideal mount and eye relief for a 3x prism optic?

Says 2.7 inches which is very short!

Gonna need the straight spacer and cantilever high mount for say a Tavor x95 huh

It depends a bit on what your expectations are but your going to want it as far back as possible, some people want to have a flip up sight at the rear and I think that's where the eye relief could be an issue. Also some guns have rails that might be shorter.

If your eye relief is a bit on the longer side you will still be able to use the sight but you will start to get a smaller viewable area with a ring around it... personally I don't think it's that big of a deal as the ring helps you centre your eye perfectly and with such a low level of magnification you can still shoot both eyes open (depending on your vision) or just close your non dominant eye for the shot. It looks like primary has designed cantilevered mounts to allow the sight to be pushed further back which will help people that don't like the vortex's single mount option.

Another great "feature" of prism optics is you can switch on the illumination and cap the front of the optic and it will look like a red dot with 1x magnification shooting with both eyes open as your eyes will compensate and overlay the illuminated reticle onto what both your non dominant eye is seeing.

You can run it as a red dot in lower light situations if needed and then open up the objective lens to take advantage of the 3x magnification. It looks like they have threaded the front objective lens to allow for an extension hood to be mounted but that is about the only weakness I see if it being a bit difficult to mount a flip up cap out of the box.....

Back
Top Bottom