Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: we need Modern sporter 180 or ATRS 180

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    ATRS already offers their standard AR barrels drilled to carbine length gas ports, with widened ports to push the 180 piston. I would suggest calling them directly to see if you can get a pencil profile barrel in this configuration. You can also get mid and rifle length op rods from certain manufacturers, along with an adjustable 180 gas block from TNA if you want to work with different length gas ports.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    ATRS already offers their standard AR barrels drilled to carbine length gas ports, with widened ports to push the 180 piston. I would suggest calling them directly to see if you can get a pencil profile barrel in this configuration.
    I'm suggesting they should do a small run of such barrels, and make them an off the shelf item.
    (Then watch them fly off of said shelf.)

I would be very interested in something in a higher quality fair than what's in the current market, more in line with the brn180.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    I'm suggesting they should do a small run of such barrels, and make them an off the shelf item.
    (Then watch them fly off of said shelf.)
    We did this about 6 months back... Unlike the Wright brothers, they did not fly. They "meandered" off the shelf, people bought them at 3 gun matches but that was about it. With that experience, I doubt we will make them as more than a custom order item in the future.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    ^
    Makes sense, forum talk is cheap, and doesn't pay the bills.

I suspect the much of the take for the SBI Lynx receiver and Jard J180 build kits at Sylvestre would be from rehoming parts from prohibited firearms, but some may want them completely or partly assembled with a new high quality ATRS barrel. Assuming someone paid upfront, what would the turnaround time be for getting a pencil barrel made and shipped to SBI in Sherwood Park or Sylvestre Sporting Goods in Bonneyville?

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    ATRS could probably make up some nice pencil barrels for the 180 platforms.

Guaranteed they would sell well.

Everyone hates the ridiculously heavy barrels they come with.
    And no other barrels are available.
    We can as we have proven in the past make barrels for these guns.
    Making a bunch for off the shelf poses some issues however.
    What chambering? 223 or 556 or 223 Wylde?
    What twist rate 7,8,9,10,12?
    What contour?
    What length?

So far pencil barrel has been proposed, which we can do, no problem. To make just 1 of each possible combination for on the shelf would mean us making a large number of barrels. Some which may sell quickly others that may not ever.

Its the same amount of work per barrel whether we do 1 or 50, so why not simply order exactly what you want? We can make it so long as it is not 7.62x39
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

I am the first buyer.
    concealed carry will save lives.

I am saddened as I read this thread. I cant even begin to imagine what these business's are going through. I hope I am wrong but it feels as though spirts are being broken and people are run down in general day to day life let alone trying to fight these ridiculous sanctions put on our great sport. The only positive I can see coming out of all this is that hopefully enough people are fed up the Turd boy and his minions and this election does not go their way.

Quote Originally Posted by HOSSONE View Post
    I am saddened as I read this thread. I cant even begin to imagine what these business's are going through. I hope I am wrong but it feels as though spirts are being broken and people are run down in general day to day life let alone trying to fight these ridiculous sanctions put on our great sport. The only positive I can see coming out of all this is that hopefully enough people are fed up the Turd boy and his minions and this election does not go their way.

Be positive, bring some friends into community, more gun owners more chance to abolish garbage restrictions, Majority is the winner in dirty Democracy game.

We can't afford to lose domestic manufacturers while the quality is outstanding when you compare with others. We are the reason of New ideas , we are the demand of the market.
    concealed carry will save lives.

What kind of a nut would have 4 sks and 3 modern sporters
    I got it on the internet

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast