we need Modern sporter 180 or ATRS 180

I was wondering if ATRS wants to start a new one (180 platform ) .

With so many others making 180 clones and given the current relationship with the rcmp/sfss whom I seriously doubt would approve anything we make now I don't see any point in investing what little funds I have. The lawsuit has pretty much tapped my resources out AND I suspect if we did venture down that road as soon as we got things into production another OIC would be passed to prohibit/torpedo the project and us again.
Once our law suit is concluded we will re-evaluate our business plan. For now however simple survival is the plan.

Ordering some muzzle brakes and scope rings.. every dollar counts I’m sure.

Thanks guys! And def skip the 1080 clone, win the fight and keep doing what you’re good at !

I was wondering if ATRS wants to start a new one (180 platform ) .

With so many others making 180 clones and given the current relationship with the rcmp/sfss whom I seriously doubt would approve anything we make now I don't see any point in investing what little funds I have. The lawsuit has pretty much tapped my resources out AND I suspect if we did venture down that road as soon as we got things into production another OIC would be passed to prohibit/torpedo the project and us again.
Once our law suit is concluded we will re-evaluate our business plan. For now however simple survival is the plan.

What is the latest on the lawsuit?

Any updates to share ?

Worse then that, I don't think the RCMP would even require a new OIC. I suspect that if WE made a 180 they would find it in their wisdom to determine that the 180 is related to something or other, and it would cause ALL 180's to become prohib.

No more news yet on the law suit yet, the verbal arguments for motions filed was on June 29th, and the Associate Chief Justice reserved decision (not a surprise), and we're still awaiting that decision before it moves on.

Court decisions and hearing dates can be looked up at : https://www.fct-cf.gc.ca/

Although ATRS is unable to market their own 180 design for the reasons noted in this thread, they may still be able to contribute to a high quality 180 firearm. SBI in Sherwood Park is working on a direct impingement against a 180 recoil system upper to complement their recently released Lynx 180 lower. As far as I know, they do not currently make barrels, gas tubes or hand guards in house. Perhaps ATRS could provide their wonderful high end forend components and other parts to SBI to make complete Lynx rifles a true premium 180 option? Just a thought.

Last edited:
ATRS could probably make up some nice pencil barrels for the 180 platforms.

Guaranteed they would sell well.

Everyone hates the ridiculously heavy barrels they come with.
And no other barrels are available.

Agreed on the demand for some nice pencil barrels!

Having a quality Canadian manufacturer available to buy some Gucci 180 upgrades definitely sounds like a solid business plan. The market for these rifles grows every day. I'm guessing the MCR/WK is now the top selling center fire semi auto in current production.

ATRS already offers their standard AR barrels drilled to carbine length gas ports, with widened ports to push the 180 piston. I would suggest calling them directly to see if you can get a pencil profile barrel in this configuration. You can also get mid and rifle length op rods from certain manufacturers, along with an adjustable 180 gas block from TNA if you want to work with different length gas ports.

ATRS already offers their standard AR barrels drilled to carbine length gas ports, with widened ports to push the 180 piston. I would suggest calling them directly to see if you can get a pencil profile barrel in this configuration.

I'm suggesting they should do a small run of such barrels, and make them an off the shelf item.
(Then watch them fly off of said shelf.)

I would be very interested in something in a higher quality fair than what's in the current market, more in line with the brn180.

I'm suggesting they should do a small run of such barrels, and make them an off the shelf item.
(Then watch them fly off of said shelf.)

We did this about 6 months back... Unlike the Wright brothers, they did not fly. They "meandered" off the shelf, people bought them at 3 gun matches but that was about it. With that experience, I doubt we will make them as more than a custom order item in the future.

^
Makes sense, forum talk is cheap, and doesn't pay the bills.

I suspect the much of the take for the SBI Lynx receiver and Jard J180 build kits at Sylvestre would be from rehoming parts from prohibited firearms, but some may want them completely or partly assembled with a new high quality ATRS barrel. Assuming someone paid upfront, what would the turnaround time be for getting a pencil barrel made and shipped to SBI in Sherwood Park or Sylvestre Sporting Goods in Bonneyville?

We can as we have proven in the past make barrels for these guns.
Making a bunch for off the shelf poses some issues however.
What chambering? 223 or 556 or 223 Wylde?
What twist rate 7,8,9,10,12?
What contour?
What length?

So far pencil barrel has been proposed, which we can do, no problem. To make just 1 of each possible combination for on the shelf would mean us making a large number of barrels. Some which may sell quickly others that may not ever.

Its the same amount of work per barrel whether we do 1 or 50, so why not simply order exactly what you want? We can make it so long as it is not 7.62x39

I am saddened as I read this thread. I cant even begin to imagine what these business's are going through. I hope I am wrong but it feels as though spirts are being broken and people are run down in general day to day life let alone trying to fight these ridiculous sanctions put on our great sport. The only positive I can see coming out of all this is that hopefully enough people are fed up the Turd boy and his minions and this election does not go their way.

I am saddened as I read this thread. I cant even begin to imagine what these business's are going through. I hope I am wrong but it feels as though spirts are being broken and people are run down in general day to day life let alone trying to fight these ridiculous sanctions put on our great sport. The only positive I can see coming out of all this is that hopefully enough people are fed up the Turd boy and his minions and this election does not go their way.

Be positive, bring some friends into community, more gun owners more chance to abolish garbage restrictions, Majority is the winner in dirty Democracy game.

We can't afford to lose domestic manufacturers while the quality is outstanding when you compare with others. We are the reason of New ideas , we are the demand of the market.

Back
Top Bottom