Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: we need Modern sporter 180 or ATRS 180

Quote Originally Posted by 4sks View Post
    What kind of a nut would have 4 sks and 3 modern sporters
    maybe u ? I would trade one of my SKS + cash with your MS FA so you will have 5 sks
    concealed carry will save lives.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    With the Jard J180 by some miracle having its FRT entry added post OIC and actual build kits clearing customs and selling post election, could ATRS see licensing the design from Jard to manufacture a temporary home for the parts from their disputed rifles? I'm sure Sylvestre would rather source them locally then deal with getting shipments through customs, and while its not the sveltest platform using it bypasses the need to try and get anything with the name ATRS past a hostile regulator. The design uses a Stoner pseudo piston, so you may be able to use some of your existing parts catalogue in making the bolt, and you should be able to CNC the receiver from any blank material you have sitting idle, so hopefully that could reduce the outlay cost. The design uses a gas tube instead of a piston to impinge the BCG against the 180-style recoil recovery system, so receiver kits would allow people to temporarily re-home their barrel, gas tube, gas block, and handguard, as well as their pistol grip, optic, magazines, trigger (uses standard length AR15 trigger pins), safety, and buttstock (though A2 stocks require an adapter), and whole rifles could be built using whatever AR parts you have remaining. Would this be a good use of idled components, workers, and machinery, or would the resources still be better spent fighting the legal battle?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123