BC - Membership lapsed. Do I need to renew to purchase a new pistol?

vancityguy

Regular
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It's been sometime since I've purchased a firearm and my membership has lapsed. Will I need to renew in order to purchase a new pistol? I'm assuming yes but wanted to clarify.

If I went the E/E route would it be the same?

Cheers.

Possibly. I have bought handguns with expired range membership. Just go through with it and see what happens. If they ask you go buy the $50 dollar membership from silvercore and send them that

Possibly. I have bought handguns with expired range membership. Just go through with it and see what happens. If they ask you go buy the $50 dollar membership from silvercore and send them that

I hear ya, I was thinking the same. Worst case they ask and I get the membership at that point.

Would a private deal be the same as retail in regard to the membership?

Yes, because all transfers go to the CFO.

you have 2 options.

1. Fast way, buy silvercore membership. bing bang boom you're acquiring your R firearm as a target shooter for target practice

2. Slow way, fight the CFO about what constitutes proof acquiring for a lawful purpose (target shooting). Say you intend to frequent a shooting range as a walk-in member or that you want to attend (insert target shooting competition) and are acquiring it for that.

Yes, because all transfers go to the CFO.

you have 2 options.

1. Fast way, buy silvercore membership. bing bang boom you're acquiring your R firearm as a target shooter for target practice

2. Slow way, fight the CFO about what constitutes proof acquiring for a lawful purpose (target shooting). Say you intend to frequent a shooting range as a walk-in member or that you want to attend (insert target shooting competition) and are acquiring it for that.

Gotcha. I'll give 'er a go and if they request the membership I'll sign up.

Side note; not purchase related, but since my membership lapsed is my att still valid to take my already owned restricted firearms to the range?

Yes, that ATT for that firearm is still valid unless revoked or expired. I assume it was issued under the standard automatic conditions which means it's valid until you renew your license. You do have to carefully read your ATT conditions as while most are the same sometimes they can be different.

I have done transfers , where the membership was on their file, in the system, but they never seemed to check the date.
Different CFO office could be different.
Start the transfer and see what happens.
Some time? a year?, 5 or 10 years , I can see a problem.
P.S. You /( the store) can start a transfer without a range membership, But it will not be completed till they see a new one emailed to them, if it is not current.

Last edited:
Yes, that ATT for that firearm is still valid unless revoked or expired. I assume it was issued under the standard automatic conditions which means it's valid until you renew your license. You do have to carefully read your ATT conditions as while most are the same sometimes they can be different.

Yes, that is what I thought. The att is attached to my license, only changes would be the recent ones where we need to call in for gunsmithing etc...

I have done transfers , where the membership was on their file, in the system, but they never seemed to check the date.
Different CFO office could be different.
Start the transfer and see what happens.
Some time? a year?, 5 or 10 years , I can see a problem.
P.S. You /( the store) can start a transfer without a range membership, But it will not be completed till they see a new one emailed to them, if it is not current.

Mine just expired this year, so it's been a few months. Will put it thru and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom