Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617

Thread: IN-STOCK NOW: Type 81 Picatinny Side Mounts + LMG Compensators + RU MIL PK06 Red Dots

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo 2 View Post
    If that's not enough, the reticle wasn't actually level and had a slight leftward cant - so only the solo red dot was feasible to use. It is truly something else to behold.
    Is there a single thing TI's package that is actually straight? I'm surprised by how few posts there are on the mounts/optics so far, either not that many have received it or only a few have issues.

The optics from TI are Gen 2, so maybe these issues have been resolved. If not, then holy #### lmao.

After all the bouts of nonsense with TI I was not willing to be a Guinea Pig for any of this. Looks like I made the right call.

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    Here's my 2 cents. I installed it on my fixed stock model , install was very easy . seems good quality , nice and low rail , good cheek wield with a micro RDS.. But the rail is visibly canted and does not look straight with the receiver ether ? Not sure why they would do this? No good reason in my opinion.

So i mounted a micro dot and zeroed at 50 yds ,i had to damn near max out windage and elevation to get it zeroed but got it. Gun shot great groups and kept zero after removing mount. I was hitting a 18 inch gong @200 pretty easy standing and clays on the hill at 50 no problem. So it does the trick with a RDS but i would not try to mount magnified scopes unless it was straighter.

Looks like maybe i could true it up myself with a bit of grinding and sanding to the side of the block that mounts on the receiver but its working for me now. Also locktite the threads on the pins, mine came lose after one shooting session.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo 2 View Post
    Any review on PK-06 optic please? I came across this on optic planet

“ If you bought this optic because it's the best thing to hit the Tarkov exclusionary zone since canned beef stew, go ahead and hit that subscribe button. Then be prepared to be disappointed by what may possibly be the worst collimator ever created. Honestly not sure if I received an authentic PK-06 or if it's just really that bad of an optic. I actually returned one of these with a different vendor and picked one up on OP (it was cheaper and would ship faster) for two reasons: A.) the auto-brightness setting wasn't functioning and B.) because it didn't come with the hex wrenches depicted or referenced in the manual. I was certain I drew the short straw and got a bad box, but lo' and behold, the PK-06 received from OpticsPlanet had the exact same problems. Be forewarned that if you do decide you're going to LARP with this thing on an airsoft gun (since that may be all it's useable for), you'll be utilizing the full intensity setting at all times unless you're a nighttime oper8r, because it is barely functional at best. I did decide to try it out since I figured it "must just be the way it is" or something, and I REALLY wanted to get that authentic slav look on my modernized AKM, but as it turns out those issues were just the beginning of the nightmare that is utilizing the PK-06. Ignoring the fact that zeroing this dumpster fire of a red dot is painfully inefficient, since adjustments are quite literally a guessing game given that there's no form of measurement or tactile responsiveness from the adjustment screws, the thing CANNOT hold a zero. I don't mean that if you don't tighten down the locking screw (yes, the adjustment screws require a separate locking screw to hold them in place) it will drift after firing off a few rounds, I mean that if you dry fire the gun while it's mounted you can actually watch the reticle bounce around and settle somewhere else. I tested this on a railed gas tube, an offset mount, and a railed dust cover just for science and giggles. Same results on each. If that's not enough, the reticle wasn't actually level and had a slight leftward cant - so only the solo red dot was feasible to use. It is truly something else to behold. I cannot fathom how somebody gets away with charging over $200 for something that performs worse than a $40 SightMark off of Amazon. I've heard there's a PK-06 Gen2 version that fixes a lot of the complaints people have about the original, and I'm honestly not sure which version this is. What I can say is that unless you want to cosplay a PMC and really go for that authenticity factor, you're going to want to avoid this optic like the plague. -2/10, would not recommend.
    45/45 found this helpful
    Pros:
    Looks cool
    Cons:
    Is Actually a Dumpster Fire
    Best Used For:
    Basement LARPing
    Would Recommend: No”

Is it really that bad?
    I will say with true certainty, what that review said is correct. I bought one with that knowledge in mind and it did not disappoint with my basement Larping.

I haven't tested to see if it holds zero, and the adjustments are garbage when compared to any other modern red dot. (especially when you need a set screw to hold your adjustments down, try doing that without affecting zero)
    Last edited by rymz; 09-12-2021 at 09:25 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer medvedqc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RaunchyRhinos View Post
    "Not suitable for left handed shooting." well we'll see about that as I didn't read the full description before ordering
    so how is the outcome now with LH. i tried yesterday a lmg mod with the ti rail and as a left hand shooter more than doable but i have big hands and long finger. pretty sure the kobra will be even better.

ETA for when the side mounts will be restocked?

Quote Originally Posted by boss351cleveland View Post

Looks like maybe i could true it up myself with a bit of grinding and sanding to the side of the block that mounts on the receiver but its working for me now. Also locktite the threads on the pins, mine came lose after one shooting session.
    You're lucky you got yours off - I literally just had to drill and dremel cut the rail bracket off. I didn't torque to 40 but rather tightened the pins to "smug" and when I went to take them off, I ended stripping several quality hex keys, tried heat to as long as 25 minutes, and finally ended up drilling through the rail and even with a tenth of a millimeter left of the threads attached it would not let go! I ended up having to dremel through the bracket to get the damn thing off the pins. I now have to repair the phosphate where I lost some finish. Fun times.

Not sure I would recommend loctite due to the experience I just had.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer medvedqc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross94 View Post
    Bushnell AR 1-4 arrived, with medium-height rings the rear lens just barely clears the rail. However this setup on a T81 folder is wonky at best, the factory length of pull is just a little short for a proper eye relief distance, and the eye box is difficult to find quickly without a good cheek weld. It's still usable, but I find a red dot or even my old PA 3x Prism to be superior options. Oh well, was worth a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross94 View Post
    Negative. But playing around the house I have no problems finding the reticle when shouldering, eyebox is larger, eye relief is good with the original stock. Comfortable chin weld with the folder, haven't tried it on an LMG stock yet. The newer Primary Arms prisms sit even lower, so assuming the eye relief remains similar to the older model, I think those will be the best magnified optics to use with this rifle and TI's mount.

I actually tried that 1" AK butt pad on the folder, while it makes it nicer to shoulder it definitely doesn't lengthen it enough to use a Bushnell 1-4 comfortably. Unfortunantly I don't think an LPVO is going to perform well without doing a bunch of custom work, whether it be adding some kind of shell deflector so the optic can sit further forward, or doing a crazy long stock extension and accompanying cheek riser. Personally I'm going to go with the lazy route and just stick with an optic that works good enough with the standard setup.
    i had the same problem as you and find certainly russian scope or prism scope will be the answer. and im using a vomz viepr piccatiny mount.