Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6-48 Torx head Gunsmith Screws, .250 + .312 Lengths at Dlask Arms Corp.

GunNutz
    Deleted: Someone else posted same info.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Sorry brother, wrong complaint department, haha.

Unfortunately the urban myth of 'just send it lettermail' still persists in today's day and age. Years ago CP made a go / no-go gauge board and gave one to every post office across the land. This gauge slot is 2mm thick and any letter that can fit through can get a simple stamp and off it goes. However, if your letter does not fit through the slot then it needs to go with tracking as though it's a parcel. In fact they don't discriminate from a 'thick' envelope up to a small box weighing .75 kg. All the same service, all the same price.

These screws have heads that are .200" wide. 2mm is .080". Hence the screw will not fit through the 'Go' gauge and they will need to be sent as a parcel. This is not our choice, believe me. I answer emails daily about this and have to give everyone I reply to the same answer I have posted here. Everyone that works here are also consumers and forced to pay when we mail order things. It sucks, I get it.

It's Canada Post, not us, that dictates shipping costs.
    I know for a fact that go/no go gauge is a #### of a lot bigger than 2MM. Try closer to 2CM. These can absolutely be sent by letter mail. If I can send 20 SKS stripper clips via letter mail, you can certainly send a package of torx screws. I had to pay an non-standard/oversize fee of $2, if you don't want to be bothered to do something outside of your usual shipping regimen with snapship/label printing for streamlining orders, just say it.

BANNED
    In Canada if your letter is over 5mm thick then it would be considered an oversize package. If that package is over 20mm thick then its considered a parcel.

Every business should know what the rules are to manage mail and not lose a sale to inflated shipping costs

You can ship a DVD lettermail in a bubble envelope.
    Last edited by crossroads45; 11-30-2021 at 05:13 AM.

so the 2mm slot is an urban myth?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-trident-1 View Post
    so the 2mm slot is an urban myth?
    Indeed it is, these Go- No go Gauges are available at any Business supply store and online, Amazon is where I got that picture from

Quote Originally Posted by Vewdu View Post
    I know for a fact that go/no go gauge is a #### of a lot bigger than 2MM. Try closer to 2CM. These can absolutely be sent by letter mail. If I can send 20 SKS stripper clips via letter mail, you can certainly send a package of torx screws. I had to pay an non-standard/oversize fee of $2, if you don't want to be bothered to do something outside of your usual shipping regimen with snapship/label printing for streamlining orders, just say it.
    I have ZERO problem saying what's on my mind, believe me brother, it's what I'm known for. What I posted is exactly what we were told by the lady at the CP outlet here in Delta. If this isn't the case then we will look into it when we go to the P.O. next.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

I shipped a single stack 9mm mag the other day , In a bubble envelope it was too thick. 15.oo
    I repacked in standard brown envelope , with no packing, bur taped to thin cardboard ,up to base plate, but packing tape so it don't fall out, 3.oo
    A small pac. rubber grip in same bubble small envelope to the BC flood plain, 15.oo with snap ship.
    I have shipped small handguns for almost as cheap as the grip. 17-20.oo
    A P.S. in the case of the mag, I made two trips to post office trying to save some money for the buyer, my gas would have been eaten up the savings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12