Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6-48 Torx head Gunsmith Screws, .250 + .312 Lengths at Dlask Arms Corp.

6-48 Torx head Gunsmith Screws, .250 + .312 Lengths at Dlask Arms Corp.

We bought some of these in bulk for projects we had and a few contracts. What's left over we are offering here for a very reasonable price considering the difficulty of finding these in a Torx head.

Sold in packages of 6x screws each in your choice of length = 1/4 or 5/16. Use the drop down menu on the website to choose which you would prefer for your project :

https://dlaskarms.com/product/6-48-t...x-head-screws/

Name:  6-48 torx.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  41.2 KB
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Ahhhh friggin low profile 6-48 screws are IMPOSSIBLE to find. I ordered 2 button head from mcmaster carr for like 12 bucks, and the hex was stripped out of one already.

GIVE ME ALL OF YOUR SCREWS>

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Are these suitable for picatinny rail mounting?
    God doesn't believe in Atheists

Lol or not. So 12 bucks worth of tiny screws, 17 bucks shipping. These can definitely be sent letter mail for the cost of a stamp and an envelope. Throw some handling time on there maybe. But $17 seems excessive. Anything you guys can do about that...?

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    Lol or not. So 12 bucks worth of tiny screws, 17 bucks shipping. These can definitely be sent letter mail for the cost of a stamp and an envelope. Throw some handling time on there maybe. But $17 seems excessive. Anything you guys can do about that...?
    Order more to compensate ?
    Prices including shipping DOES NOT include full insurance. Once package is in carrier's hands, it is not my responsibility anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    Sorry brother, wrong complaint department, haha.

Unfortunately the urban myth of 'just send it lettermail' still persists in today's day and age. Years ago CP made a go / no-go gauge board and gave one to every post office across the land. This gauge slot is 2mm thick and any letter that can fit through can get a simple stamp and off it goes. However, if your letter does not fit through the slot then it needs to go with tracking as though it's a parcel. In fact they don't discriminate from a 'thick' envelope up to a small box weighing .75 kg. All the same service, all the same price.

These screws have heads that are .200" wide. 2mm is .080". Hence the screw will not fit through the 'Go' gauge and they will need to be sent as a parcel. This is not our choice, believe me. I answer emails daily about this and have to give everyone I reply to the same answer I have posted here. Everyone that works here are also consumers and forced to pay when we mail order things. It sucks, I get it.

It's Canada Post, not us, that dictates shipping costs.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post

Unfortunately the urban myth of 'just send it lettermail' still persists in today's day and age. Years ago CP made a go / no-go gauge board and gave one to every post office across the land. This gauge slot is 2mm thick and any letter that can fit through can get a simple stamp and off it goes. However, if your letter does not fit through the slot then it needs to go with tracking as though it's a parcel. In fact they don't discriminate from a 'thick' envelope up to a small box weighing .75 kg. All the same service, all the same price.

These screws have heads that are .200" wide. 2mm is .080". Hence the screw will not fit through the 'Go' gauge and they will need to be sent as a parcel. This is not our choice, believe me. I answer emails daily about this and have to give everyone I reply to the same answer I have posted here. Everyone that works here are also consumers and forced to pay when we mail order things. It sucks, I get it.

Fair enough, it is what it is. Though I received an envelope with some moon clips in it from a member here about a week ago. It had stacks of about 4-5 moon clips .025" wide each, sandwiched between 2 layers of cardboard. Easily 1/4" thick (.250", 6.35mm) and it was simply an envelope with a stamp on it. It made it here. Maybe it varies depending on how strict a particular post office/employee is.

Guess I'll wait until I need something else from you guys and throw them on then. Kind of too bad, but I guess if it's out of your hands and you're not willing to chance it, I'll just have to suck it up. Lol.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post

That’s incorrect. Oversize letters cost $1.94 can weigh up to 100grams and be 20mm thick.. those could 100% be shipped for 2$. And do not need tracking.

I am constantly shipping flies and other things that are much thicker than 2mm.

CGN frequent flyer
    The slot gauge (and the standard) is 5mm.

Over-sized is up to 20mm thick and 500g. At 100g or less the postage is $1,94 (two stamps*), all the way up to $5,47 for the maximum 500g. Much less than Parcel rates, but this does not include delivery confirmation, signature, or insurance; some businesses won't mail under those conditions. Registered Mail adds those, but now it's almost Parcel territory.

My experience has been that if they can bend and twist a 22mm thick envelope through the gauge (due to the small items shifting inside), they will pass it through. But some Posties at the counter might be big stickers for the rules...

Basically you can get away with one of those very flat bubble envelopes as standard letter (watch the length x width dimensions), and a very puffy one as over-sized.

* The 'permanent' postage stamps are technically non-denominated, but Canada Post *does* accept them at the current going rate. So two forever stamps will cover your usual envelope that is just a bit too thick for the paper letter standard.
    ---
    I am the Viper.

I've come to vipe your vindows.

LOL $20 for "Weight Based Shipping" to Ontario
    CCFR CSSA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast