Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BT GHM9 extractor just went missing

LOL

I don't think wise to change the engine because an accessory belt gave up! But you are correct, the cause is not yet confirmed so the fix may not solve the problem.

I requested for an extractor spare parts kit. It is what they supplied along with a comment stating they suspect the cause to be an over-pressure round.

Frankly I have doubt an over-pressure round was the cause, at least I did not feel it IF it is what happened.

The new 4 parts from the extractor kit are now fitted to the bolt, I just need to find time to hit the range and put the gun to the test.

Should it reoccur, then I will get back to Wolverine/B&T for a more in-depth investigation.

Swiss are not known to produce poor designs and quality but yes, some faulty/OOS parts do sometimes make it through quality systems. We will find out soon enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrXenon View Post
    What do you need a brake on a 5.56mm firearm for? You should just slip a maxipad under your bra strap to dampen the hellish recoil.
    Spock to Kirk:
    "Logic dictates Captain. If Pro-Gunners are as violent as Anti-Gunners say they are, there would not be any Anti-Gunners left."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UR2X3M4ME View Post
    LOL

I don't think wise to change the engine because an accessory belt gave up! But you are correct, the cause is not yet confirmed so the fix may not solve the problem.

I requested for an extractor spare parts kit. It is what they supplied along with a comment stating they suspect the cause to be an over-pressure round.

Frankly I have doubt an over-pressure round was the cause, at least I did not feel it IF it is what happened.

The new 4 parts from the extractor kit are now fitted to the bolt, I just need to find time to hit the range and put the gun to the test.

Should it reoccur, then I will get back to Wolverine/B&T for a more in-depth investigation.

Swiss are not known to produce poor designs and quality but yes, some faulty/OOS parts do sometimes make it through quality systems. We will find out soon enough.
    Good to hear it's all working out. I have yet to experience a y issues with my GH or APC9

Funny how guys thinking a extractor breaking is for a weak design over the skorpion. I've seen countless times of Evos blowing apart not to mention seeing a cracked reciever myself
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Happened to our APC 9 too.

^^

I think the extractor bits are the same on the GHM9 and APC9.

From browsing several forums including US, I won't say it is a regular occurrence but a few are reported. Another member here PM me for the same issue with his.

This in itself may explain the low/no availability of the extractor kits.

How the bits are held together on the bolt is ingenious (no roll pin) but may allow them to go ballistic in unidentified (yet) conditions.

Are you shooting commercial ammo? Will definitely not shoot +P in mine.
    What do you need a brake on a 5.56mm firearm for? You should just slip a maxipad under your bra strap to dampen the hellish recoil.
    Spock to Kirk:
    "Logic dictates Captain. If Pro-Gunners are as violent as Anti-Gunners say they are, there would not be any Anti-Gunners left."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Good to hear it's all working out. I have yet to experience a y issues with my GH or APC9

Funny how guys thinking a extractor breaking is for a weak design over the skorpion. I've seen countless times of Evos blowing apart not to mention seeing a cracked reciever myself
    I was referring to the original ones in 32 ACP built for government use.
    Canadian government runs on trans, gays and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I was referring to the original ones in 32 ACP built for government use.
    Those original 32acp skorpions were the best versions and I had several SHE factory built ones, not the new csa ones plus the GH was geared towards beating the evo skorpion, not the old ones.
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Those original 32acp skorpions were the best versions and I had several SHE factory built ones, not the new csa ones plus the GH was geared towards beating the evo skorpion, not the old ones.
    I also did some research online, and it’s definitely not something I would expect from a product at this price, and at such a low round count. I work in the aerospace industry, and when end users report reliability issues in the field that were not expected at an early stage, the OEM will inform the rest of the users of the issue, and start looking into it. If it’s a critical part, like it is in this case, a major effort will be put into discovering what caused it in the first place, and how to modify the design to fix it. That’s the least I would expect from an OEM that is looking at government contracts.....and already has a government contract using more or the less the same design. Looking at the different posts online, it seems this extractor issue is more than a year old now.
    I’ve had a GHM9 before, and sold it to get an APC9 instead. The quality is outstanding, but this extractor business is definitely something that needs to be fixed....they can’t just give you a part kit, and off you go.

90 rounds downrange last Friday. Cycled perfectly, no jam no failure.

Thank you Wolverine.
    Spock to Kirk:

Glad the repair went well and you got great service from Wolverine, had nothing but the same from them. I shot a lot of 150gr 9mm through a GHM9 this past summer with a lot of stove pipe issues, I'll take a closer look at the extractor now as I had though it was an ammo issue at the time.

I am having a similar l issue as well on a new GHM9G with less than 200 rounds. About 3 times the gun failed to eject. Basically there is a live round in the chamber and the spent casing is stuck behind it sort of. So is the issue people are experiencing a failure to extract or failure to eject?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast