BT GHM9 extractor just went missing

UR2X3M4ME

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Last outing with the GHM9 was an unpleasant one as I experienced several jams. The bolt could not close due to spent shells poorly ejected preventing the bolt from closing.

Then a look at the bolt from the ejection port explained the cause of the jams: the extractor and bits (spring, pins) were all missing!

This is very surprising as the gun is evidently well manufactured and is a charm to shoot. Barely a thousand rounds in 6 months since new so definitely too early to fail.

Anyone else experienced that?

Anyway, I will be writing to Wolverine this evening to let them know and see what they can do.

Last outing with the GHM9 was an unpleasant one as I experienced several jams. The bolt could not close due to spent shells poorly ejected preventing the bolt from closing.

Then a look at the bolt from the ejection port explained the cause of the jams: the extractor and bits (spring, pins) were all missing!

This is very surprising as the gun is evidently well manufactured and is a charm to shoot. Barely a thousand rounds in 6 months since new so definitely too early to fail.

Anyone else experienced that?

Anyway, I will be writing to Wolverine this evening to let them know and see what they can do.

How the hell that wear out already?? How many rnds you got thru it

Have you contacted our Service Dept. or filled out a warranty claim?

Thanks for chiming in.

Spoke with Michael (?) regarding availability of an extractor kit. Asked him to put me the waiting list for a kit p/n BT-KIT0011 and a telescopic stock p/n BT-20506.

I did not want to process a warranty as it always takes way too long but since I have to wait 3 months or more, I will do that this evening. Mind you, I could not access your website today, still can't at this time.

Cheers

For the records:

- August 24: warranty claim emailed to Wolverine;
- August 24: claim acknowledge by Wolverine and forwarded to B&T AG;
- August 26: Wolverine informed B&T will forward the parts, a typical 5 to 6 weeks delay;
- September 14: Wolverine received the parts;
- September 14: Wolverine shipped the parts and provided tracking details;
- September 21: Parts received

THAT my friends is what I call SERVICE.

Very special thanks to Heather who handled the claim. Professional work, nothing less.

I'm impressed Wolverine.

Great story about customer service. Although, I afraid the root cause of problem might not be resolved. Did they send you the bolt assembly or just extractor? I mean, if the extractor loves to fly away, perhaps the bolt was out of specs or poorly designed. Or may be other related parts were culprit. Not declining the extractor itself might be of a poor quality too, hopefully that was the case - then all is good.

At some point I was looking to buy that PCC, specifically for its quality. But then I realized the spare parts for it are not available. My rule is to have a basic spare kits for every gun I have. Opted for FX9, for which spare parts are readily available - from Wolverine.

LOL

I don't think wise to change the engine because an accessory belt gave up! But you are correct, the cause is not yet confirmed so the fix may not solve the problem.

I requested for an extractor spare parts kit. It is what they supplied along with a comment stating they suspect the cause to be an over-pressure round.

Frankly I have doubt an over-pressure round was the cause, at least I did not feel it IF it is what happened.

The new 4 parts from the extractor kit are now fitted to the bolt, I just need to find time to hit the range and put the gun to the test.

Should it reoccur, then I will get back to Wolverine/B&T for a more in-depth investigation.

Swiss are not known to produce poor designs and quality but yes, some faulty/OOS parts do sometimes make it through quality systems. We will find out soon enough.

LOL

I don't think wise to change the engine because an accessory belt gave up! But you are correct, the cause is not yet confirmed so the fix may not solve the problem.

I requested for an extractor spare parts kit. It is what they supplied along with a comment stating they suspect the cause to be an over-pressure round.

Frankly I have doubt an over-pressure round was the cause, at least I did not feel it IF it is what happened.

The new 4 parts from the extractor kit are now fitted to the bolt, I just need to find time to hit the range and put the gun to the test.

Should it reoccur, then I will get back to Wolverine/B&T for a more in-depth investigation.

Swiss are not known to produce poor designs and quality but yes, some faulty/OOS parts do sometimes make it through quality systems. We will find out soon enough.

Good to hear it's all working out. I have yet to experience a y issues with my GH or APC9

Funny how guys thinking a extractor breaking is for a weak design over the skorpion. I've seen countless times of Evos blowing apart not to mention seeing a cracked reciever myself

^^

I think the extractor bits are the same on the GHM9 and APC9.

From browsing several forums including US, I won't say it is a regular occurrence but a few are reported. Another member here PM me for the same issue with his.

This in itself may explain the low/no availability of the extractor kits.

How the bits are held together on the bolt is ingenious (no roll pin) but may allow them to go ballistic in unidentified (yet) conditions.

Are you shooting commercial ammo? Will definitely not shoot +P in mine.

Good to hear it's all working out. I have yet to experience a y issues with my GH or APC9

Funny how guys thinking a extractor breaking is for a weak design over the skorpion. I've seen countless times of Evos blowing apart not to mention seeing a cracked reciever myself

I was referring to the original ones in 32 ACP built for government use.

Those original 32acp skorpions were the best versions and I had several SHE factory built ones, not the new csa ones plus the GH was geared towards beating the evo skorpion, not the old ones.

I also did some research online, and it’s definitely not something I would expect from a product at this price, and at such a low round count. I work in the aerospace industry, and when end users report reliability issues in the field that were not expected at an early stage, the OEM will inform the rest of the users of the issue, and start looking into it. If it’s a critical part, like it is in this case, a major effort will be put into discovering what caused it in the first place, and how to modify the design to fix it. That’s the least I would expect from an OEM that is looking at government contracts.....and already has a government contract using more or the less the same design. Looking at the different posts online, it seems this extractor issue is more than a year old now.
I’ve had a GHM9 before, and sold it to get an APC9 instead. The quality is outstanding, but this extractor business is definitely something that needs to be fixed....they can’t just give you a part kit, and off you go.

Glad the repair went well and you got great service from Wolverine, had nothing but the same from them. I shot a lot of 150gr 9mm through a GHM9 this past summer with a lot of stove pipe issues, I'll take a closer look at the extractor now as I had though it was an ammo issue at the time.

I am having a similar l issue as well on a new GHM9G with less than 200 rounds. About 3 times the gun failed to eject. Basically there is a live round in the chamber and the spent casing is stuck behind it sort of. So is the issue people are experiencing a failure to extract or failure to eject?

Back
Top Bottom