Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BT GHM9 extractor just went missing

BT GHM9 extractor just went missing

Last outing with the GHM9 was an unpleasant one as I experienced several jams. The bolt could not close due to spent shells poorly ejected preventing the bolt from closing.

Then a look at the bolt from the ejection port explained the cause of the jams: the extractor and bits (spring, pins) were all missing!

This is very surprising as the gun is evidently well manufactured and is a charm to shoot. Barely a thousand rounds in 6 months since new so definitely too early to fail.

Anyone else experienced that?

Anyway, I will be writing to Wolverine this evening to let them know and see what they can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrXenon View Post
    What do you need a brake on a 5.56mm firearm for? You should just slip a maxipad under your bra strap to dampen the hellish recoil.
    Spock to Kirk:
    "Logic dictates Captain. If Pro-Gunners are as violent as Anti-Gunners say they are, there would not be any Anti-Gunners left."

And the spare parts is not in stock, likely 3 months away. Lucky me...
    What do you need a brake on a 5.56mm firearm for? You should just slip a maxipad under your bra strap to dampen the hellish recoil.
    Spock to Kirk:
    "Logic dictates Captain. If Pro-Gunners are as violent as Anti-Gunners say they are, there would not be any Anti-Gunners left."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UR2X3M4ME View Post
    Last outing with the GHM9 was an unpleasant one as I experienced several jams. The bolt could not close due to spent shells poorly ejected preventing the bolt from closing.

Then a look at the bolt from the ejection port explained the cause of the jams: the extractor and bits (spring, pins) were all missing!

This is very surprising as the gun is evidently well manufactured and is a charm to shoot. Barely a thousand rounds in 6 months since new so definitely too early to fail.

Anyone else experienced that?

Anyway, I will be writing to Wolverine this evening to let them know and see what they can do.
    How the hell that wear out already?? How many rnds you got thru it
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Have you contacted our Service Dept. or filled out a warranty claim?
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    How the hell that wear out already?? How many rnds you got thru it
    Yeah I know, it does not make sense! As I wrote, about a thousand.
    Spock to Kirk:

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post
    Have you contacted our Service Dept. or filled out a warranty claim?
    Thanks for chiming in.

Spoke with Michael (?) regarding availability of an extractor kit. Asked him to put me the waiting list for a kit p/n BT-KIT0011 and a telescopic stock p/n BT-20506.

I did not want to process a warranty as it always takes way too long but since I have to wait 3 months or more, I will do that this evening. Mind you, I could not access your website today, still can't at this time.

Cheers
    Spock to Kirk:

Last edited by OkDave; 10-05-2021 at 07:40 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    From the PCC that was supposed to eat the Scorpian!?

wow.......... underwhelming
    Canadian government runs on trans, gays and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.

For the records:

- August 24: warranty claim emailed to Wolverine;
    - August 24: claim acknowledge by Wolverine and forwarded to B&T AG;
    - August 26: Wolverine informed B&T will forward the parts, a typical 5 to 6 weeks delay;
    - September 14: Wolverine received the parts;
    - September 14: Wolverine shipped the parts and provided tracking details;
    - September 21: Parts received

THAT my friends is what I call SERVICE.

Very special thanks to Heather who handled the claim. Professional work, nothing less.

I'm impressed Wolverine.
    Spock to Kirk:

CGN Regular
    Great story about customer service. Although, I afraid the root cause of problem might not be resolved. Did they send you the bolt assembly or just extractor? I mean, if the extractor loves to fly away, perhaps the bolt was out of specs or poorly designed. Or may be other related parts were culprit. Not declining the extractor itself might be of a poor quality too, hopefully that was the case - then all is good.

At some point I was looking to buy that PCC, specifically for its quality. But then I realized the spare parts for it are not available. My rule is to have a basic spare kits for every gun I have. Opted for FX9, for which spare parts are readily available - from Wolverine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast