Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taylors and Co Revolving Carbines incoming .45 Colt

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soheipp View Post
    Will you be getting them in 357? If so what is approximate date?
    Yes, we will but ETA is unknown. (and, .44-40 too)
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

CGN Ultra frequent flyer HeadDamage's Avatar
    Not that I'm against these but didn't our overlords at the RCMP declare that pistol based rifles where still pistols? I seem to recall a revolver rifle/carbine being brought to market years ago but being classed as a handgun because the RCMP claimed in was based on one and could be modified to be shot one handed. Is this another case of them keep reinterpreting things so that we can never know what is or isn't legal or what class it is in?

This is fresh in my mind right now because I was reading up on how the RCMP says that the Crosman 2250 and 2289 carbines become restricted firearms above 500fps because they are handguns even though Crosman calls them rifles.
    Remember remember early December
    Coalition, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why coalition, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

Quote Originally Posted by HeadDamage View Post
    Not that I'm against these but didn't our overlords at the RCMP declare that pistol based rifles where still pistols? I seem to recall a revolver rifle/carbine being brought to market years ago but being classed as a handgun because the RCMP claimed in was based on one and could be modified to be shot one handed. Is this another case of them keep reinterpreting things so that we can never know what is or isn't legal or what class it is in?

This is fresh in my mind right now because I was reading up on how the RCMP says that the Crosman 2250 and 2289 carbines become restricted firearms above 500fps because they are handguns even though Crosman calls them rifles.
    It has to do with how the rifle is manufactured. If it’s manufactured as a rifle stock, and will not receive, or can not be adapted to a pistol grip, then it falls in non restricted.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    It has to do with how the rifle is manufactured. If it’s manufactured as a rifle stock, and will not receive, or can not be adapted to a pistol grip, then it falls in non restricted.
    Explains why they have that funny stock on them and not a Pistol grip stock. I've got another question. How do you hold these things without blowing your fingers off your left hand? Its obvious where the right hand goes but where does your left go to avoid the cylinder gap?

In case you ever get questioned by the RCMP:

Name:  frt.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  31.9 KB
    www.prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Is there any news on when the conversion cylinders for the black powder carbine will be arriving?

Quote Originally Posted by soheipp View Post
    Explains why they have that funny stock on them and not a Pistol grip stock. I've got another question. How do you hold these things without blowing your fingers off your left hand? Its obvious where the right hand goes but where does your left go to avoid the cylinder gap?
    While the stock probably helps navigate modern laws, it also has historical value. The Remington revolving rifle had the same type of stock. For holding it, from what I've seen the support hand is meant to fit underneath the main hand. There is a sort of extension under the trigger guard that the index finger can hold onto.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnitCanada View Post
    Is there any news on when the conversion cylinders for the black powder carbine will be arriving?

Within the next ten days or so.
    www.prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smokinbarrel View Post
    I can pretty much guarantee that you won't like it. The cylinder is so close to your head you get a blast in the face every time you fire it. Unless changes have been made to stock dimensions recently, the comb is about an inch too high, you can't get low enough on it to get a sight picture and the butt plate is so small it won't fit anybody older than 10, you get jabbed in the shoulder by either the heel or toe. They look kind of cool, but as an actual shooter, no.

Your right, 10 year olds wont like them....
    Going to check a few more range reports before i decide how much fun I will have.
    Thanks Clay !
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

Yeah PP hard now

the 45 LC ones should be here later this week. There is still one available it looks like as well as the tuned one.
    www.prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast