Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: New NR R18MK2 from Sterling

Folding rear stock? Looks a little odd joining the receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    Folding rear stock? Looks a little odd joining the receiver.
    Not folding yet, allthough you can use any Buttstock with a Picatinny Rail attachment system. I may just take the folder off of my SIG MCX "Safe Queen" and give the R18 Mk2 a folding/retractable stock system. Sterling Arms has already developed an adapter for the Magpul Zhukov Folding Buttstock which will be offered with the R18 Mk3 due out in several months. The Mk3 will offer 3 primary upgrades over the Mk2. The Folding Buttstock, a Tool-less QD Handguard, and an Ejection Port Cover (typically demanded by evaluating LE departments). The Buttstock and Handguard will be backwards-compatible with the Mk2 Rifle and will evemtually be available as upgrades.
    Mark C

CGN Regular
    Is there an msrp out yet? Or rough guesstimate?

The top picatinny rail looks rather tall in relation to the buffer tube. Looks like AR height optics are gonna require the use of some cheek risers.

Looking forward to the review!

Quote Originally Posted by D3vin View Post
    Is there an msrp out yet? Or rough guesstimate?
    Yes, but I must defer to the developer to formally announce the MSRP. I am sure that Mr Cox or one of his staff will be along shortly to discuss exact pricing. I will say this - it is more than $2K but less than $3K. Based on my initial evaluation of the design and the quality of manufacture I'd say that the price is very fair for what you are getting.
    Mark C

Dupe
    Last edited by Bartok5; 11-04-2021 at 04:16 AM.
    Mark C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gundoggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosoraptor View Post
    The top picatinny rail looks rather tall in relation to the buffer tube. Looks like AR height optics are gonna require the use of some cheek risers.

Looking forward to the review!
    Just think of it as a 'feature'. You get the high scope height that is in vogue with the more modern doctrine without having to find a supertall (and potentially more expensive mount)

The lower is nice but I feel like the upper could have had more detail machined into it. Looks blocky and the shell deflector is kinda weirdly shaped. Definitely an improvement over the current offerings though.

CGN Regular
    Looks really good so far. How’s the charging handle side?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Not folding yet, allthough you can use any Buttstock with a Picatinny Rail attachment system. I may just take the folder off of my SIG MCX "Safe Queen" and give the R18 Mk2 a folding/retractable stock system. Sterling Arms has already developed an adapter for the Magpul Zhukov Folding Buttstock which will be offered with the R18 Mk3 due out in several months. The Mk3 will offer 3 primary upgrades over the Mk2. The Folding Buttstock, a Tool-less QD Handguard, and an Ejection Port Cover (typically demanded by evaluating LE departments). The Buttstock and Handguard will be backwards-compatible with the Mk2 Rifle and will evemtually be available as upgrades.
    Very nice, swapping the stock was going to be my first question. I feel like a blockier option such as the Zhukov will better match the aesthetics of this rifle, and having a folding option is always nice. Really looking forward to the full review.