Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3131516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: New NR R18MK2 from Sterling

Quote Originally Posted by Ceiferiro View Post
    maybe I missed it , was there an msrp mentioned ?
    I must defer to the developer to formally announce the MSRP. I am sure that Mr Cox or one of his staff will be along shortly to discuss exact pricing. I will say this - it is more than $2K but less than $3K. Based on my initial evaluation of the design and the quality of manufacture I'd say that the price is very fair for what you are getting.
    Mark C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    The trigger area on the lower looks like it a narrower then the rest of the receiver. Does this means the trigger takes standard length AR trigger pins?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Yes, and is fully-compatible with AR Triggers, to include most aftermarket options...
    Excellent! Standard AR trigger compatibility and the beaver tail grip option combine two of the main advantages from two different competing lowers into one firearm. And no other 180 based firearm has an AR-15 like magwell angle.

last question from me, any idea when they might hit the market ?

I am very interested to see a comparison between this and a wk180 with lynx 180B lower.
    Id Rather Be Judged By 12 Than Carried By 6

CGN Regular
    Oof looks a little brickish. The higher than AR reciever and rail looks a little goofy too. Just my opinion. As long as it functions reliably and is decently accurate it'll still be a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceiferiro View Post
    last question from me, any idea when they might hit the market ?
    Possiby as early as late next week, once my review is out and the MSRP is announced by Sterling and/or TSE.
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by apexanimal View Post
    Oof looks a little brickish. The higher than AR reciever and rail looks a little goofy too. Just my opinion. As long as it functions reliably and is decently accurate it'll still be a win.
    I am genuinely curious what otherwise you would expect to see from a 180B-derived operating system, which is "brickish" by original design? Especially without adding additional (expensive!) machining time? All workable ideas are welcome, as future iterations are not cast in stone....
    Mark C

CGN Regular
    I am genuinely curious what otherwise you would expect to see from a 180B-derived operating system, which is "brickish" by original design? Especially without adding additional (expensive!) machining time? All workable ideas are welcome, as future iterations are not cast in stone....
    To answer your question, the pws/brownells brn 180 upper seems to have easily made a functional and aesthetic upper. Something a little closer to those dimensions i think would appeal to most people quite a bit more.

CGN Regular
    Retail sales will be exclusive to The Shooting Edge in Calgary, AB and Target Sports in Gormley (GTA), ON. This allows the manufacturer (Sterling Arms) to bypass a distributor and deal directly with two affiliated retail outlets at either end of the country, keeping costs to a minimum.
    Is Sterling Arms made by The Shooting Edge?
    Last edited by MitchCDN; 11-05-2021 at 12:24 AM.