Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: New NR R18MK2 from Sterling

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    ^
    Thanks for the info! Sounds like the Gucci Ar-15ed up AR-180 variant people have been requesting. It will be interesting to see if people are willing to put their money where there words are. Looking forward to the review and more info when the time is right.

CGN Regular
    Pencil barrel?

I can’t stress this enough.

Pencil barrel please.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

If it’s everything Bartok is saying I’m in.

CGN Regular
    Can we get the side mount with the Non-LMG version?

CGN Regular
    Sounds promising indeed. Always nice to get some good news!

CGN Regular
    Does JR still have the Queen's Cowboys on speed dial from his Swiss Arms days?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRussian View Post
    Does JR still have the Queen's Cowboys on speed dial from his Swiss Arms days?
    Doubtful. Important life and buisness lessons were learned from that long-ago episode. Apologies were made and amends have been many in the form of CCFR Fund-Raising, hosting community events, his own OIC Court Challenge, etc, etc. It is unfortunate that some members of the firearms community neither understand nor allow for redemption for one's actions. JR Cox has done his utmost and has gone far out of his way to demonstrate good faith ever since that singular poor decision, however he understands that some folks will never forgive. Such is life. He is moving on, and so should you.
    Last edited by Bartok5; 08-22-2021 at 02:02 AM.
    Mark C

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Doubtful. Important life and buisness lessons were learned from that long-ago episode. Apologies were made and amends have been many in the form of CCFR Fund-Raising, hosting community events, his own OIC Court Challenge, etc, etc. It is unfortunate that some members of the firearms community neither understand nor allow for redemption for one's actions. JR Cox has done his utmost and has gone far out of his way to demonstrate good faith ever since that singular poor decision, however he understands that some folks will never forgive. Such is life. He is moving on, ans so should you.
    Not good enough. He should also give up that sweet parking spot.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TreMoR's Avatar
    Doubtful. Important life and buisness lessons were learned from that long-ago episode. Apologies were made and amends have been many in the form of CCFR Fund-Raising, hosting community events, his own OIC Court Challenge, etc, etc. It is unfortunate that some members of the firearms community neither understand nor allow for redemption for one's actions. JR Cox has done his utmost and has gone far out of his way to demonstrate good faith ever since that singular poor decision, however he understands that some folks will never forgive. Such is life. He is moving on, and so should you.
    edited : repost somewhere else, I don't realized it's TSE sub forum...........
    Last edited by TreMoR; 08-22-2021 at 09:29 AM.
    « When injustice becomes law, resistance is a duty » - « Quand l'injustice devient loi, la résistance est un devoir » by : Thomas Jefferson.

BANNED
    I'm not going to steal JR's thunder and tell everything that I happen to know, as it is very much his happy surprise to spring upon the Canadian Firearms Community when the right time arrives. I will say that JR has been kind enough to offer me a production rifle for review, just as they go on sale retail. I have promised to post my initial findings on CGN within a week of receiving the rifle, so that people have a better idea of exactly what they are getting into. I will include photos and initial accuracy results from 100-400m, including 5-rd groups from 100m with both 55 and 62 grain ammo.

I am in no way beholden to JR Cox, we are simply old Army buddies from our collective time jumping and humping in 3PPCLI who have kept in touch over the years based on our shared interests. JR knows that I know a thing or two about guns and so he wants my thoughts on his new rifle, of which JR is rightfully quite proud. I am who I am, so you and he will get the unvarnished truth as I see it.

What I see so far, is a rifle that will give most folks what they have been missing since the OIC dropped on 1 May 2020. It is effectively a hybrid of the AR-180B Rifle-Length Operating System mated to a non-AR-compatible Lower Receiver which places familiar AR-15 controls in the ergonomicaly-correct positions. It accepts AR-15 Trigger Groups and Pistol Grips with Beavertails. The machining is reminscent of the AR-15, rather than the blocky low-cost efforts which are all that has been available to date. Now there is a new option! There are many more details that cannot be gleaned from the photo and that I won't reveal ahead of time. Suffice it to say the this NR rifle ought to scratch the "AR Itch" for under $3K....
    3k? I was thinking half that.