Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: New NR R18MK2 from Sterling

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Hokus Grey's Avatar
    This is a fantastic example of a typical gun forum thread.

What were we talking about, anyway?
    #BeLoveCreateProtect

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar

Yup. People talking endlessly about a banned rifle from the 1960s.

How about we keep this thread about the new rifle being built in 2021?

Look on the bright side, notwithstanding the minor delays in bringing this new rifle to market at least nobody has $$ tied up in a pre-order or some such arrangement. JR is doing his level best to avoid building hype until the rifle is ready for prime-time, which is a good thing in my estimation. Let's just be patient....
    Mark C

Super GunNutz
    What’s different from the current Spectre model ?

I’ve been holding off ,waiting for the 2 models from TSR and IRG, but is it worth the wait?
    Or should I just grab the latest Spectre version?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokus Grey View Post

Pretty simple, someone expressed discontent about the lack of a forward assist on the rifle this thread is about; this lead to a discussion on the necessity of the forward assist, with obvious parallels drawn to the rifle designed by the same guy who designed the rifle that, again, this thread is about. Talking about an AR18 design and having the AR15 inevitably popping up is by no means a mind boggling occurrence lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 45C View Post
    What’s different from the current Spectre model ?

I’ve been holding off ,waiting for the 2 models from TSR and IRG, but is it worth the wait?
    Or should I just grab the latest Spectre version?

Well, the IRG project to mate a PWS Piston Upper with a proprietary AR-180-style Lower Receiver appears to be dead in the water, so you may have a long wait for that one. The latest Spectre version appears to have a decent, revamped AR-180 Lower Receiver, however it still appears to employ the less than ideal AR-180 Bolt Catch system.

The R18 Mk2 is an entirely new platform that exists in prototype form and is definitely going into production - I have seen photos of the production parts being lined up at TSE for assembly. They are just awaiting a few critical parts from sub-contractors so that assembly of the first production guns can proceed. IMHO, this is the one to wait for. Notwithstanding the proprietary lower (required for NR classification) the R18 Mk2 employs all AR controls, including the Bolt-Catch system, which is infinitely superior to the Spectre Ltd improved system's AR-180-style Bolt-Catch. Plus the R18 Mk2 has other advanced features that the compentition lacks, such as a match-grade barrel with forward fluting to increase rigidity and surface area for rapid cooling. It also features the familiar AR15-style Magazine Well geometry, and accepts AR-15 Trigger Packs as well as Beavertail-style Pistol Grips. I could go on, but that would ruin some of the neat surprises that I am waiting to reveal in my forthcoming review. Suffice it to say that IF the R18 Mk2 is both accurate and reliable, and IF it is priced right, then we will have a clear winner worth waiting for. That is what I hope to confirm with my review, for your benefit. But you will have to wait until the rifle is ready for primetime, as JR Cox rightfully refuses to engage in unwarranted hype and empty promises about delivery timelines. Hopefully the wait will be worthwhile - I hope that it is, but my trial will tell the tale good, bad or otherwise.
    Mark C

Super GunNutz
    Thanks, to bad they couldn’t just sell some stripped sets.
    I’d be all over that.
    I think I’ll wait a while longer,see what happens

CGN Ultra frequent flyer deagle2008's Avatar
    Rifle sounds ��. Can't wait

CGN Regular
    Looking forward to this.
    Bartok, hopefully you run all kinds of ammo through it. Even cheap plinking garbage ammo

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by HvacFridge Apprentice View Post
    Looking forward to this.
    Bartok, hopefully you run all kinds of ammo through it. Even cheap plinking garbage ammo
    I second this.. looking forward to hearing some feedback on the rifles ergos and performance!