CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Results 81 to 88 of 88

Thread: New NR R18MK2 from Sterling

  1. #81
    Super GunNutz Bartok5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    2,985
    Quote Originally Posted by HvacFridge Apprentice View Post
    Looking forward to this.
    Bartok, hopefully you run all kinds of ammo through it. Even cheap plinking garbage ammo
    I have a line on some Norinco for the "cheap" stuff. Then American Eagle 55 gr, PMC X-Tac 55 gr, PMC X-Tax 62 Gr, and so forth. Not a huge selection, but enough. Unfortunately I only have 200 rounds to dedicate to the rifle, so obviously won't be able to speak to long term durability.
    Mark C

  2. #82
    CGN Regular Cross94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Van Isle
    Posts
    274
    I hope other calibers such as 7.62x39 are planned... but I imagine it'll only be offered in .223 for now eh?

  3. #83
    Super GunNutz Bartok5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    2,985
    Personally, I'd like to see a longer action suitable for .308 and 6.5 CM, along the lines of a modernized AR-16. An action like that mated to a pencil barrel would make for a great hunting rifle.





    Last edited by Bartok5; 09-14-2021 at 03:15 AM.
    Mark C

  4. #84
    CGN frequent flyer Andurp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    I have a line on some Norinco for the "cheap" stuff. Then American Eagle 55 gr, PMC X-Tac 55 gr, PMC X-Tax 62 Gr, and so forth. Not a huge selection, but enough. Unfortunately I only have 200 rounds to dedicate to the rifle, so obviously won't be able to speak to long term durability.
    It's likely your local crappy tire has some Barnaul .223 - even a box or two of that for testing wouldn't go amiss. In my experience, the Norinco 5.56 is usually on the spicier end of the spectrum whereas Barnaul .223 is lighter, and a lot of people are shooting it these days. My RDB eats it up, as did my AR's before the ban. If this rifle does well with it, it's a winner.
    89AA04004

  5. #85
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by Andurp View Post
    It's likely your local crappy tire has some Barnaul .223 - even a box or two of that for testing wouldn't go amiss. In my experience, the Norinco 5.56 is usually on the spicier end of the spectrum whereas Barnaul .223 is lighter, and a lot of people are shooting it these days. My RDB eats it up, as did my AR's before the ban. If this rifle does well with it, it's a winner.
    Not sure about the Norinco, but the Barnaul is steel case, so it would be good to run some of that through it for functionality testing.

  6. #86
    Super GunNutz Bartok5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    2,985
    I'll see if there is any Barnaul .223 at the local CT or LGS.
    Mark C

  7. #87
    CGN frequent flyer wannabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see a longer action suitable for .308 and 6.5 CM, along the lines of a modernized AR-16. An action like that mated to a pencil barrel would make for a great hunting rifle.





    yes please
    Dear Justin...I'm from BC...a few years ago your Dad gave us the finger, we would like to give it back...

  8. #88
    Member GoldPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see a longer action suitable for .308 and 6.5 CM, along the lines of a modernized AR-16. An action like that mated to a pencil barrel would make for a great hunting rifle.





    God those rifles are sexy, particularly the one with the wooden pistol grip

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •