Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: New NR R18MK2 from Sterling

Quote Originally Posted by HvacFridge Apprentice View Post
    Looking forward to this.
    Bartok, hopefully you run all kinds of ammo through it. Even cheap plinking garbage ammo
    I have a line on some Norinco for the "cheap" stuff. Then American Eagle 55 gr, PMC X-Tac 55 gr, PMC X-Tax 62 Gr, and so forth. Not a huge selection, but enough. Unfortunately I only have 200 rounds to dedicate to the rifle, so obviously won't be able to speak to long term durability.
    Mark C

I hope other calibers such as 7.62x39 are planned... but I imagine it'll only be offered in .223 for now eh?

Personally, I'd like to see a longer action suitable for .308 and 6.5 CM, along the lines of a modernized AR-16. An action like that mated to a pencil barrel would make for a great hunting rifle.

Last edited by Bartok5; 09-14-2021 at 03:15 AM.
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    I have a line on some Norinco for the "cheap" stuff. Then American Eagle 55 gr, PMC X-Tac 55 gr, PMC X-Tax 62 Gr, and so forth. Not a huge selection, but enough. Unfortunately I only have 200 rounds to dedicate to the rifle, so obviously won't be able to speak to long term durability.
    It's likely your local crappy tire has some Barnaul .223 - even a box or two of that for testing wouldn't go amiss. In my experience, the Norinco 5.56 is usually on the spicier end of the spectrum whereas Barnaul .223 is lighter, and a lot of people are shooting it these days. My RDB eats it up, as did my AR's before the ban. If this rifle does well with it, it's a winner.
    89AA04004

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Andurp View Post
    It's likely your local crappy tire has some Barnaul .223 - even a box or two of that for testing wouldn't go amiss. In my experience, the Norinco 5.56 is usually on the spicier end of the spectrum whereas Barnaul .223 is lighter, and a lot of people are shooting it these days. My RDB eats it up, as did my AR's before the ban. If this rifle does well with it, it's a winner.
    Not sure about the Norinco, but the Barnaul is steel case, so it would be good to run some of that through it for functionality testing.

I'll see if there is any Barnaul .223 at the local CT or LGS.
    Mark C

Personally, I'd like to see a longer action suitable for .308 and 6.5 CM, along the lines of a modernized AR-16. An action like that mated to a pencil barrel would make for a great hunting rifle.

yes please
    Dear Justin...I'm from BC...a few years ago your Dad gave us the finger, we would like to give it back...

"SUCK MY FAT ONE YOU CHEAP DIMESTORE HOOD"

God those rifles are sexy, particularly the one with the wooden pistol grip

Anything to report here??

Just hearing cricket’s lately!!

Regards

AbH

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AbHobbyist View Post
    Anything to report here??

Just hearing cricket’s lately!!

Regards

AbH
    Sadly no. :-(

We are awaiting a few parts which are, I'm told holding up production. But if they roll in this week, we'll be in a position within 10 days to release production model pics and get rifles off to our "independent testers".

SAI made changes throughout the prototyping / testing process, so photos now won't help but confuse things.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans