Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415161718192021222325 ... LastLast

Thread: New NR R18MK2 from Sterling

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bman12456 View Post
    Im fully open to being proved wrong and without an actual MSRP there is no way to know. Im simply making the assumption based entirely on past experiences with EU made rifles.

No way to know whether the improvements will be worth the additional cost or if they will be improved at all.

Time will tell and Im still going to keep tabs in this rifle. But I'm skeptical.
    Fair enough. However, this rifle project was also never conceived to be simply an 'improved WK/WS". The price will reflect the significant additional costs to build this rifle.

If SAI simply wanted to make an improved lower and put to the CDN market, it could have been out 6-8 months ago. However, from the outset this was proposed as a complete rifle project.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    Fair enough. However, this rifle project was also never conceived to be simply an 'improved WK/WS". The price will reflect the significant additional costs to build this rifle.

If SAI simply wanted to make an improved lower and put to the CDN market, it could have been out 6-8 months ago. However, from the outset this was proposed as a complete rifle project.

JR
    Sounds good mang! Im looking forward to seeing more and hearing reviews. Nothing against anyone involved in design or production. I get increased cost because of the additional design and machining time, just not yet sure if the additional cost will be worth it to the consumer. Hope it is, I may even buy one.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Not sure what your dislike of "EU Rifles" stems from, nor do I much care. In the case of the R18 Mk2 only the Upper and Lower Receiver are manufactured by Sterling in England. The remainder of the rifle is sourced from Canadian and US-manufacured parts such as the SAI custom-fluted, CrMV, 1:8 rifled, air-gauged, pencil-weight barrels. It is not an "EU Rifle", but rather a hybrid built from the best parts that the designer could source both domestically and internationally.
    I have nothing against "EU Rifles". Just that in my experience they often cost more than the final product is worth in comparison to non EU options. This is obviously due to increased production and import fees, and EU made products are more often than not superb quality. Often there are better or on par options that cost less due to not being made in the EU.

Looking forward to reading your review regardless of my initial impressions.

CGN Regular
    I had a sub 300 serial SAI TSR so I know they make a good product. Im looking forward to hearing more

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    I have nothing against "EU Rifles". Just that in my experience they often cost more than the final product is worth in comparison to non EU options. This is obviously due to increased production and import fees, and EU made products are more often than not superb quality. Often there are better or on par options that cost less due to not being made in the EU.

Looking forward to reading your review regardless of my initial impressions.
    I also agree, which is why SAI contracts to get as much done in Canada as possible. Shipping is probably the biggest additional cost of importing rifles to add to the cost.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

I had a sub 300 serial SAI TSR so I know they make a good product. Im looking forward to hearing more
    Fair enough. I probaby come across as an "apologist" for TSE and SAI, although that is certainly not my desire. I fully intend to provide a non-biaised review of the WS18 Mk2, "warts" (if any) and all. I simply hate to see perceptions coloured against a new offering before it even exists on the market. Whatever happened to letting a product stand or fall on its own merits? From what I know of the R18 Mk2 and based on my former ownership of a Sterling .308 riflle, I expect these to be a high-quality, reliable and accurate firearm. We shall see....
    Mark C

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Fair enough. I probaby come across as an "apologist" for TSE and SAI, although that is certainly not my desire. I fully intend to provide a non-biaised review of the WS18 Mk2, "warts" (if any) and all. I simply hate to see perceptions coloured against a new offering before it even exists on the market. Whatever happened to letting a product stand or fall on its own merits? From what I know of the R18 Mk2 and based on my former ownership of a Sterling .308 riflle, I expect these to be a high-quality, reliable and accurate firearm. We shall see....
    What make and twist barrel?
    What ammo are you using to test for accuracy?
    Any chance you could try Nosler 55g Balistic tips and Hornady Superformance 53 g ?

CGN Regular
    Here’s hoping for a worthy product. I’ve watched the NoDak/Spud with great disappointment. The Spectre lower then great disappointment on the upper. Then the Jard…
    I’m all for a quality product, nothing comes cheap.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Bartok make casings already.

I look forward to your review.
    “Look at the nations and watch and be utterly amazed.
    For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told."
    Hab 1:5

Drat! I read it as "New Sterlings!!" Imagine my disappointment.....
    All machinery is built with at least one screw or bolt more than is necessary to successfully reassemble and operate. I have a large collection of such fasteners.