Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 515171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: New NR R18MK2 from Sterling

From one honeypot to another you nerds never learn.

Anyways uhh new gun looks good yes looking forward to test reports mmm yes yes

Super Moderator
    Being derailed. Time to lock?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    Being derailed. Time to lock?
    Sorry - partially my fault. I do have a genuine question for Bartok5, though:

Will this fit generic a2 furniture? I'd love to throw a wood stock, carry handle, and a2 front sight on this - would it even be possible? I know I'd need a picatinny buffer tube adapter.
    Last edited by AskMeAboutMyBandcamp; 11-05-2021 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Hit reply too early

Bartok- No fence around the Mag Release: Does the upper protrude out far enough to protect? or would you see problems with it being depressed unintentionally?

Quote Originally Posted by AskMeAboutMyBandcamp View Post
    Sorry - partially my fault. I do have a genuine question for Bartok5, though:

Will this fit generic a2 furniture? I'd love to throw a wood stock, carry handle, and a2 front sight on this - would it even be possible? I know I'd need a picatinny buffer tube adapter.
    Oh, Id like that, a 1913 to mount an MCX folding stock would be nice

CGN Ultra frequent flyer IchBinEinSniper's Avatar
    Looking forward to the review...
    I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AskMeAboutMyBandcamp View Post
    No offense meant, but that would be tacky as hell lol
    I tried to make it as sarcastic as possible without being too obvious lol.

Anyway interested to know the MSRP, hopefully it’s lower than 2.5k!

An accelerated durability test would be great too. 1-2k round burn no cleaning would say a lot.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

Longest two-three week wait of my life. Exited none the less, hopefully it’s a slam dunk. Just would love to see it to decide if it’s worth squirrelling money away for.

Did sterling ever make complete SAI rifles or just the receiver sets ?
    If they did and anyone here happens to have one In curious on what the build quality was like

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceiferiro View Post
    Did sterling ever make complete SAI rifles or just the receiver sets ?
    If they did and anyone here happens to have one In curious on what the build quality was like
    One inferiority was that it was made of 6061 aluminum instead of the 7075 that it's competitor used.

However a normal 180 design has the bolt carrier riding on two steel rods, so it's wear characteristics would be different from an AR15 where the BCG and cam pin contacts the receiver itself.
    Last edited by PinaKaleada; 11-05-2021 at 02:33 PM.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.