View Poll Results: Would you prefer the service of UPS Over Canada Post if your order came quicker?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • UPS !

17 56.67%
  • No, Canada Post Has Better Service!

13 43.33%

Thread: Insight on Shipping Times and Companies.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar

Insight on Shipping Times and Companies.

We were looking for some of your views on shipping. We have an offer from UPS that will see our shipping times nearly half what we are doing now. The farther out we ship (we are located in Saskatchewan) the higher the ratio will be.

Example, Saskatchewan 2-3 Days CP Vs 1-2 UPS, to Ontario is about 7-8 days CP, 4 days UPS. East coast 10-12 Days CP, 5 Days UPS.

This will not apply to firearms just yet, so this will be all other items that we ship. Remote location/Box numbers would still have to go by post.

The costs will not change. The question is, would you prefer UPS shipping over Canada Post for service if it sped up shipping times by 30-60%?
    Last edited by Frontier Firearms; 08-21-2021 at 10:05 AM.

CGN Regular
    For the same cost faster is always better.

I would prefer to wait a couple extra days, than deal with a company that charges usurious brokerage fees, to get a parcel over the border. I've had them add anywhere from 50% to 100% of the items cost, for that. I will never order from any company, that's happy to pass along that kind of heavy-handidness to it's customers.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer padawan's Avatar
    It’s just a matter of time before CP pulls the plug and screws us all.

I think if you can lock in a decent deal with UPS, and start cutting CP out, that will be better for everyone long term.

Just imagine if the liberals win a majority…………what do you think the directive to CP will be ?

UPS gets my vote.

Always have great luck with UPS.. fast and efficient.

I have always received great service from Canada Post over the decades. They have depots in neighbourhoods throughout cities, and in every small town and village. I vote for CP in this poll.

UPS does not have convenient depots, or hours, and could disappear or be bought up and changed in a blink of an eye. CP is guaranteed to exist "forever" if We The People will it to be so.

CP will get back to shipping ammo (and reloading components) when We The People decide, through our voting in of politicians and political parties that get back to normality and common sense, and make them change the ridiculous current regulations. In this election, make it a question you ask a politician - put it to them in no uncertain terms that a great northern country with hunters and sport shooters from coast to coast to coast cannot get ammo in the mail! - something that was totally normal not too long ago, and totally normal for our parents and grandparents, and GGparents, etc. If the dangerous goods argument comes up, put it to them the gasoline and diesel in the trucks that deliver the mail are more explosive and flammable than the ammo. Tell them that other dangerous goods are not banned for shipping via CP. This ridiculous regulation is discrimination against law-abiding citizens for a legal item.

I am well aware of how a big crown corporation bureaucracy can get bloated and inefficient. That is a risk. It requires stern oversight. But remember that corruption can seep into private companies too, and private companies as we have seen can lose their minds and become social justice warriors and discriminate.

The delivery of the mail is part of our life support system. I am all for free enterprise and competition in most business and enterprise. But we need anti-discrimination laws that make it a crime for shipping companies to discriminate against shipping legal items such as firearms and ammo and reloading components. Until that law come to pass, I want our CP crown corporation that we can control through our political system, flawed as it is. ......and we all know which politicians and political party needs to be voted out of office, don't we People