Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PGWDTI Closing down.....

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiC10R View Post
    Really...i would have thought the defense contracts would have kept them going... did those dry up...
    I obviously dont know the economics but they seemed like one of the stable manufacturers

I never did get my coyote
    @pgwdti if there any left PM me. Ill find the cash....
    My guess is that the defence money began to fade away awhile ago. Saudi Arabia, Ukraine, Iraq, Kurds....... You can do a google search and found that Canada supplied ( well, mostly PGW ) 5000 rifles to Saudi Arabia, and these ended up in Yemen. This ticked off the peaceniks, and my guess is the Liberals government quietly cutting off export permits to many of these places. Wonder why that hit piece at G&M just came out in election?

I think Steve and Ross both deserve some vacations and time off to enjoy some of the money they made! When they come back, they probably will scale down a bit but I don't think they are closing down and selling all the machines by the sound of it.

It feels like they are taking a break, and then moving to a smaller scale in production and running a simpler business after that.

Personally I think we will see new PGW rifles in the future.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    My guess is that the defence money began to fade away awhile ago. Saudi Arabia, Ukraine, Iraq, Kurds....... You can do a google search and found that Canada supplied ( well, mostly PGW ) 5000 rifles to Saudi Arabia, and these ended up in Yemen. This ticked off the peaceniks, and my guess is the Liberals government quietly cutting off export permits to many of these places. Wonder why that hit piece at G&M just came out in election?

I think Steve and Ross both deserve some vacations and time off to enjoy some of the money they made! When they come back, they probably will scale down a bit but I don't think they are closing down and selling all the machines by the sound of it.

It feels like they are taking a break, and then moving to a smaller scale in production and running a simpler business after that.

I would agree. 200 or less rifles a year would be my guess. Just enough to feed the prs/precision guys. The gun business in Canada is slowly being choked out.

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post

I don't think with all expenses and taxes anything left for vacation ., i can see it from price tags ,

imo: the only reason of any expensive item are taxes behind of that products, by the way I don't think any business owner invest his money into vacation, all those profits from sales went into equipment , inventory , new production lines like M15 and PGW Direwolf semi auto 338.
    concealed carry will save lives.

Business Member Nordic Marksman's Avatar
    Sad news indeed.

Definitely a shame.

I've always really liked their products, despite not being able to afford (and fully make use of it since I'm a newish shooter....) any of their rifles, but have always thought about buying one in the future.

I also really wanted to try and go for a tour of their facility since they're located in my city, if they'd even offer such a thing.

Hope to see them back up soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12