Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QD Reviews - Black Creek Labs MRX Bison - Part 2

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384

QD Reviews - Black Creek Labs MRX Bison - Part 2

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

I love this companies transparency and not wanting to pass on problems to their customers!!!!

Thanks guys!!!

CGN Regular
    Transparency? Wolverine is transparent, they're great - if you meant Wolverine then 100% agreed.

But if you're referring to BCL I wouldn't describe them as transparent at all. They refuse to answer basic questions.

I've asked BCL on multiple occasions about what the thread pitch is for mating their barrels to the receiver and have never even had my question acknowledged.

Similarly I've asked about the receiver footprint - is it proprietary? Or would existing stocks and chassis for another rifle type fit? Again, zero response from BCL.

Unless I know I can switch out the barrel and stock, and using what format, I'm in no way interested in this product.

Even a "no, it's all proprietary and not compatible" would be a satisfactory answer.. But it's just silence from BCL.
    Last edited by Astute Observer; 08-31-2021 at 12:30 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Astute Observer View Post
    Transparency? Wolverine is transparent, they're great - if you meant Wolverine then 100% agreed.

But if you're referring to BCL I wouldn't describe them as transparent at all. They refuse to answer basic questions.

I've asked BCL on multiple occasions about what the thread pitch is for mating their barrels to the receiver and have never even had my question acknowledged.

Similarly I've asked about the receiver footprint - is it proprietary? Or would existing stocks and chassis for another rifle type fit? Again, zero response from BCL.

Unless I know I can switch out the barrel and stock, and using what format, I'm in no way interested in this product.

Even a "no, it's all proprietary and not compatible" would be a satisfactory answer.. But it's just silence from BCL.
    Sometimes when there is zero response via internet communication, I will assume that there is a chance the communication did not get through.... do they have a phone number or is email the only option for communicating? Perhaps you could get in touch with the guy that did one of the initial reviews and interview, I beleive he may have stated that the barrels were drop in fit for Ruger's precision serices of chassis rifles.... maybe buddy can confirm?
    Heck I bet even Wolverine has access to BCL and could ask the question.... seems odd to me that BCL is trying to get out from under a bad reputation and they can't answer simple questions.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Astute Observer View Post

Thread is 1"-16TPI & footprint is proprietary

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ARGUNGUY View Post
    Thread is 1"-16TPI & footprint is proprietary
    Cheers, thanks!!

Going to watch this tonight after work.
    I've been thinking of getting one of the 7.62 ones when they come out.

Just watched it.
    1.24 out of a 12" barrel sounds pretty good to me.
    You can't build something yourself for this price.

I dont know how people would expect the same accuracy from 12" that they get from a 20-22" tikka

Quote Originally Posted by homslice View Post
    Just watched it.
    1.24 out of a 12" barrel sounds pretty good to me.
    You can't build something yourself for this price.

I dont know how people would expect the same accuracy from 12" that they get from a 20-22" tikka
    Because as long as the twist rate is right for the bullet, barrel length does not affect accuracy, only velocity. Often a shorter more rigid barrel will be more accurate than a longer barrel with more whip. Now, given that 12" barrels seem to be a relatively new thing there may be some other factors to consider, like whether the shorter barrel is imparting enough spin on the bullet in the time it has, or if we need to start looking at different powders to give proper performance. But, there is no reason that a shorter barrel can not be as accurate as a 20-22" barrel, at least at moderate distances.
    My wife calls me a pessimist. I claim I'm a realist. But I'm probably just an a$$hole with an attitude problem.

what do competition precision shooters use?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast