Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3848505152535455565758

Thread: Liberals plan to ''End Gun Violence''

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1977 View Post
    I for one applaud the Quebec government going after criminals instead of law abiding gun owners.
    So do I.

Here's why
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...-Violent-Crime

They have a bunch of shoot outs in their streets. Going after gun owners won't help. Spending money on policing and drug rehabilitation (aka demand), will.

It's the only hope of achieving Peel's 9th principle

9. The test of police efficiency is the absence of crime and disorder, not the visible evidence of police action in dealing with it.
    -- https://www.ottawapolice.ca/en/about...inciples-.aspx

I think the Quebec announcement is great news for gun owners. Quebec is the most anti gun province in the country, and yet they recognized frivolous bans aren’t going to work. Hopefully they give this program some time to actually make an impact and see the down turn before they get side tracked and start looking at banning everything under the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1977 View Post
    Given most people were expecting a handgun ban plan as it was announced in the Liberal platform (i.e. min of 1 billion $ for handgun ban), the additional QC police task force going after gun traffickers and gun crime is welcomed news.

If Quebec started with handgun ban plans with powers provided by the Fed, it would have been the start of the end for law abiding gun owners and would have opened the door for other provinces to follow suit.

If you don't agree with this, I ask you how else are they (Quebec, other provinces) supposed to tackle the issue given the Libs have Bill C-22 (reducing time for gun related offences) that actually helps criminals??

You simply put a negative spin without providing any alternative method given the current situation.

I for one applaud the Quebec government going after criminals vs law abiding gun owners. Who you applaud is your choice.
    I agree. Going after the real problem (for now at least).
    Keeping My Neighbourhood Infected Free...

Quote Originally Posted by themarauder View Post
    It's easy to make unlimited spending promises when your VISA seems to have no limit, and you don't care.

I love this line. Hey, how many of the banned guns have been used (not that it matters) in what % of the shootings you mention the sentence before? Oh, nearly 0. Yeah, that's effective. Thanks, Justin.
    You're missing the point. There are no assault weapons that you can buy so ban inexistent guns for votes while destroying the economy? So gun industry, oil industry, small businesses, medical system, devaluating our currency while increasing taxes...did I miss something else? Venezuela, we're coming!