Thread: First online purchase with Dante: c'etait parfait!

CGN Regular TragicallyHipGrandpa's Avatar

First online purchase with Dante: c'etait parfait!

I mentioned in another thread that I was having a hard time locating a particular model of .22 rifle anywhere online.
    Turned out only 3 CGN sponsors had one in stock, and Dante listed it $20 cheaper than the other retailers, so I gave them a shot, as I had read so many good reviews.

I couldn't have been more pleased with the transaction.

Ordered online from SW Ontario on Tuesday and received my paid invoice with tracking info on Friday.
    I had to call then in-between because I had entered my PAL exp. date incorrectly and they answered the phone promptly and were very nice to speak with on the phone (sounded like chaos in the background tho!).

Package arrived on the following Wednesday to my doorstep requiring proof of age and signature. There was quite a bit of additional packing material inside the factory cardboard box, which was completely surrounded by another layer of corrugated cardboard and lots of packing tape. Very nice to see someone go out of their way to ensure such protection. I also found some swag in the box: a cute little Dante branded pocket knife that I will gift my grandson.

AND... I am taking the $20 bucks I saved by shopping at Dante, doubling it, and donating $40 to the CCFR today!

So thank you Dante, I will definitely order from you again!
    No dress rehearsal; this is our life.
    Member CCFR, NFA, CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by TragicallyHipGrandpa View Post
    I mentioned in another thread that I was having a hard time locating a particular model of .22 rifle anywhere online.
    Turned out only 3 CGN sponsors had one in stock, and Dante listed it $20 cheaper than the other retailers, so I gave them a shot, as I had read so many good reviews.

I couldn't have been more pleased with the transaction.

Ordered online from SW Ontario on Tuesday and received my paid invoice with tracking info on Friday.
    I had to call then in-between because I had entered my PAL exp. date incorrectly and they answered the phone promptly and were very nice to speak with on the phone (sounded like chaos in the background tho!).

Package arrived on the following Wednesday to my doorstep requiring proof of age and signature. There was quite a bit of additional packing material inside the factory cardboard box, which was completely surrounded by another layer of corrugated cardboard and lots of packing tape. Very nice to see someone go out of their way to ensure such protection. I also found some swag in the box: a cute little Dante branded pocket knife that I will gift my grandson.

AND... I am taking the $20 bucks I saved by shopping at Dante, doubling it, and donating $40 to the CCFR today!

So thank you Dante, I will definitely order from you again!
    Dante is a top tier retailer for me.
    ABSTINENCE MAKES THE CHURCH GROW FONDLERS

Quote Originally Posted by tracifan68 View Post
    Dante is a top tier retailer for me.
    It is. Sadly for me, cant buy any rifle there even if prices are good... Thanks Qc Gov ........

My first order I ordered on Sunday and cancelled on Friday as it hasn't shipped yet.Horrible service from my perspective.Online only means they ship it when they feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by gandalfe View Post
    My first order I ordered on Sunday and cancelled on Friday as it hasn't shipped yet.Horrible service from my perspective.Online only means they ship it when they feel like it.
    You are aware that Dante Sports is not open on Sundays or Mondays (clearly posted on their website), so essentially, you cancelled an order because three business days was too long to wait for the convenience of having something shipped from Quebec to BC and you feel the need to justify this as horrible service?

w0w

With "horrible" service like that, one wonders how they managed to stay in business for 65 years in the second most-populous city in Canada with the highest number of licensed shooters among Canada’s five-biggest cities.
    Last edited by TragicallyHipGrandpa; 09-07-2021 at 07:35 AM. Reason: spelling like a first grader
    Member CCFR, NFA, CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by gandalfe View Post
    I think you may have missed out on great opportunity to purchase from an awesome retailer.
    Maybe try re-ordering.I think you'll be impressed with their professionalism and committment to customer satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
    I think you may have missed out on great opportunity to purchase from an awesome retailer.
    Maybe try re-ordering.I think you'll be impressed with their professionalism and committment to customer satisfaction.
    Member CCFR, NFA, CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Cedwitt View Post
    It is. Sadly for me, cant buy any rifle there even if prices are good... Thanks Qc Gov ........
    Why not? Is this due to the registration requirements?