Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minor detail that would improve the WS MCR quite a bit IMO

Minor detail that would improve the WS MCR quite a bit IMO

I find it very frustrating when an rifle with "takedown pins" practically requires a tool for take down. If only a minor detail it would be a major improvement if the rear take down pin protruded from the receiver just a millimeter or two. Either just get longer pins, or you could probably add two cuts to the receiver machining at the wings to step down 3/4 of a mm on either side for a 1.5mm protrusion with the existing pins. It only needs to be enough that you can start it with your thumb like on an AR15 and break that initial jump of the retaining pin.

Incidentally the rear pin is crazy tight on mine, so regardless I need a few good whacks with a mallet and punch to assemble or disassemble. Probably somewhere to add a bit of hand fitting time as it seems from various videos online that the tension is a somewhat inconsistent thing right now. Some seem to have it super tight, some seem to have it apart without even a punch or bullet tip.
    Last edited by Evil_Edie; 09-06-2021 at 11:01 PM.
    Only men of good will are capable of committing the most grievous of sins.

On my MCR I am able to remove the rear pin by using my thumbnail but require a punch or dummy round to remove the front pin, so it sounds like there is a bit of variability to the fit of the rifle.

CGN Regular
    For me at first the rear pin needed something to push it out, but now, I can use my thumb and some force and it can come out. The front one is stiffer and might need a bullet of something harder to push it out but no need for a punch and hammer.

Glad (not really) to know I am not the only one dealing with insanely tight pins
    #ThankATrucker Honk Honk

i have to use a brass punch for both my pins

you dont have any bullets laying around?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilJoe View Post
    10 points

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooker1 View Post
    i have to use a brass punch for both my pins
    I bought a WX-MCR and it was impossible to take down without a mallet and punch, I bought a ws-mcr 762x39 upper and was unable to put it on the Wx-MCR lower, so i sent it back to wolverine and bought a WS-MCR with better pins for sure
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Magpul 556 Dummy Round works perfectly for this feat. might be tough acquiring one but any other brand thats hard polymer like Magpuls will work. you may still have to lay the rifle flat in your lap/flat surface while slapping or tapping said dummy round with an empty magazine as a hammer or other object.
    Good quality chamber flag may also work.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilJoe View Post
    I'd prefer to not hammer the back of a bullet in order to knock out pins that should be loose enough for a field strip.
    #ThankATrucker Honk Honk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast