Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Night Vision Chat Thread - Ask Us Anything

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Harbour Supply View Post
    It is illegal to HUNT at night. Federally, there is no law against target shooting at night, so it comes down to provincial and then municipal bylaws.
    That's just on the hobbyist side of things.
    A large segment of our customer base is actually active MIL/LE, SAR, PI, etc.
    You can also use it for general navigation for hunting, hiking, etc. Think about it this way - all of the things you can't do at night because it's "too dark", is now possible with NV.

Unless they changed the laws you can hunt raccoon at night if you have a dog in Ontario. Pay a fee to register your dog and your good for the most part.
    Remington 40X, Winchester 52, Suhl 150 rim fire wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by shelby78 View Post
    Unless they changed the laws you can hunt raccoon at night if you have a dog in Ontario. Pay a fee to register your dog and your good for the most part.
    It'll get costly having to buy nods for your dog too though...

Ok I have a question. Do these things wear out, burn out or otherwise degrade in performance over time?
    pandering to paranoia produces pointless prosecutions of people

I currently have a PVS 14 Plus model from you guys and i really dig it!

We have RPNVG housings in stock and ready to build into any configuration.
    We also have Gen3 intensifiers in stock right now:
    https://coldharboursupply.com/produc...-vision-goggle

Depending on the original device, yes. Please email us at admin -at- coldharboursupply.com with details and photos of your device and we can provide a trade-in estimate.
    https://coldharboursupply.com/pages/...ade-up-program
    I noticed in the previous posts you say it is not possible to sell American gen 3 intensifier tubes due to export controls, yet clearly you have one for sale on consignment at the moment and you have sold other used units previously.
    There have been some L3 intensifier tube setup's sold here on the EE as well.
    How are these buyers getting these units into Canada in your opinion? This is an upgrade option i want to consider down the line and i am trying to understand how these folks are getting these supposed unobtainable tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by mykjo View Post
    I currently have a PVS 14 Plus model from you guys and i really dig it!

I noticed in the previous posts you say it is not possible to sell American gen 3 intensifier tubes due to export controls, yet clearly you have one for sale on consignment at the moment and you have sold other used units previously.
    There have been some L3 intensifier tube setup's sold here on the EE as well.
    How are these buyers getting these units into Canada in your opinion? This is an upgrade option i want to consider down the line and i am trying to understand how these folks are getting these supposed unobtainable tubes.
    Simple people are breaking the law and smuggling, then actually dumb enough to post the products for sale ….

gadget
    War Is Never Undertaken by an Ideal State, Except in Defence of its Honour, or its Safety

If I made a purchase and included the "hand-select" option, should I shoot you an email or wait for you to contact me?

Business Member Cold Harbour Supply's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by call2arms View Post
    Ok I have a question. Do these things wear out, burn out or otherwise degrade in performance over time?
    Devices have a general lifetime of about 10,000 hours, performance does degrade over time but you likely will not notice any degradation until you're about 70+% through its life
    COLD HARBOUR SUPPLY INC.
    High-End Night Vision Retailer

Authorized Photonis, Act in Black, iRay, Nocturn Industries, Holosun dealer
    12-month warranty on all complete night vision devices
    Assembled in and ships from Toronto, Canada

www.coldharboursupply.com

E-Mail: admin@coldharboursupply.com
    Instagram | Facebook

Business Member Cold Harbour Supply's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evonorth View Post
    If I made a purchase and included the "hand-select" option, should I shoot you an email or wait for you to contact me?
    We will contact you once the intensifier batch allocated to your build has arrived in our inventory, then we will reach out with a questionnaire to assess requirements and application. Based on this consultative process, we will provide you with the top 3 choices in our inventory for you to choose from, with each intensifier's specifications and through-tube photo so you know exactly what you will receive. We also have an enhanced tube photo capture process that you can read about here:
    https://coldharboursupply.com/blogs/...-our-new-setup

Using this setup, we are able to give you the clearest picture of what you can expect to receive without any surprises.
    COLD HARBOUR SUPPLY INC.
    High-End Night Vision Retailer

Authorized Photonis, Act in Black, iRay, Nocturn Industries, Holosun dealer
    12-month warranty on all complete night vision devices
    Assembled in and ships from Toronto, Canada

www.coldharboursupply.com

E-Mail: admin@coldharboursupply.com
    Instagram | Facebook

We will contact you once the intensifier batch allocated to your build has arrived in our inventory, then we will reach out with a questionnaire to assess requirements and application. Based on this consultative process, we will provide you with the top 3 choices in our inventory for you to choose from, with each intensifier's specifications and through-tube photo so you know exactly what you will receive. We also have an enhanced tube photo capture process that you can read about here:
    https://coldharboursupply.com/blogs/...-our-new-setup

Using this setup, we are able to give you the clearest picture of what you can expect to receive without any surprises.
    Thanks for the quick answer, much appreciated. I look very forward to hearing from you

Bit of an odd ask.
    For thermals:
    Can you source the raw sensor electronics at all?