Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MDT Launches 10 round metal mags!

MDT Launches 10 round metal mags!

https://mdttac.com/blogs/blog/mdt-re...metal-magazine

Over the last few months, MDT’s metal magazine listing has expanded with the introduction of our long action 3.850 magazines. Our design team continues to develop new magazines to broaden our product offering in this area and as a result of this effort we are thrilled to present the latest addition to the MDT family: our very first 10-round capacity short action metal magazine.

Just like our previous metal magazines, the 10-round metal magazine is offered in standard AICS pattern 3.050” nominal length. It has been designed with a Double Stack Single Feed (DSSF) pattern and is compatible with the .308 Winchester and 6.5 Creedmoor cartridges. With an overall height of 3.90” the MDT 10-round .308 metal magazine is also ¾” shorter than a standard AICS 10-round magazine.

Following in the footsteps of our 5-round .308 metal magazine, the 10-round version is also manufactured from high quality steel and nitride treated for ultimate durability. It is finished with a coat of black Cerakote Elite Series paint inside and out for corrosion resistance and low friction. To reduce friction between cartridge and magazine body as much as possible we’ve also added two internal ribs which provide a smooth transition from double stack to single feed.

This magazine comes in two models, with or without front binder plate, to accommodate different maximum overall cartridge lengths.

Magazines with front binder plates are compatible with all rifles equipped with AICS pattern bottom metals or chassis systems and can be used for cartridges with a maximum overall length of 2.870”.

Magazines without front binder plates are compatible with all AICS pattern bottom metals or chassis systems but most common actions such as Remington 700 and Savage 10/11 will require modifications to the receiver to prevent the bullet tips from catching on the bottom of the feed ramp. These magazines can be used for cartridges with a maximum overall length of 2.960”.
    For further information on this point please contact our support team. Our new MDT 10-round .308 metal magazines are now available and can be ordered at mdttac.com.

CGN Regular
    Oooohhhhhh

Delightful news you guys
    Btw I received a coupon code in my email and tried to use it and it came back as invalid?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Any idea if the mags without front binder plate will work with the Ruger Gunsite rifles?

If so that's way better than modifying my Magpul AICS mags for longer reloads.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TheM4chef View Post
    Delightful news you guys
    Btw I received a coupon code in my email and tried to use it and it came back as invalid?
    Sorry to hear that, if you have an account on our website, contact us directly at support.mdttac.com with what you would like and the discount code you have, we will send you a copy of the order with a link to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Mitchell View Post
    Any idea if the mags without front binder plate will work with the Ruger Gunsite rifles?

If so that's way better than modifying my Magpul AICS mags for longer reloads.
    I cannot say for sure. I know that in a chassis for Remington and Savage actions there is some modificaiton to be made. If your rifle takes AICS pattern mags, the with binder plates should work, the non-binder plate might work with some modificaiton to your action. We do offer a 30 day money back guarantee if you wanted to give it a try - https://mdttac.ca/pages/shipping-returns

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MDT Ryan View Post
    I cannot say for sure. I know that in a chassis for Remington and Savage actions there is some modificaiton to be made. If your rifle takes AICS pattern mags, the with binder plates should work, the non-binder plate might work with some modificaiton to your action. We do offer a 30 day money back guarantee if you wanted to give it a try - https://mdttac.ca/pages/shipping-returns
    Thanks for the feedback, I may pickup a few of these to try. The longer COAL sure is appealing since my reloads are longer than most mags can handle.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PerversPépère's Avatar

Ruger RPR?

I guess they'll work with the actual Ruger Precision Rifle Gen2?
    PP.
    Last edited by PerversPépère; 03-02-2019 at 02:13 PM. Reason: SSPPPELLINg
    Mr. Allan Suck rocks!

yes i modified my rem 700 sa in under a half hour. i removed the bolt, put the magazine in and marked how much material i would need to remove with a paint pen. next i removed the action from the stock put tissue into the chamber and where the bolt would be. i placed a rare earth magnet on the top of the receiver ejection port above the feed ramp to catch airborn steel. i used a dremel tool with the roughly 1/2" cylindrical sand paper tool. i removed the material from the center of the feed ramp. then lightly radiused the u-shaped clearance i made on the feed ramp. i cleaned out the action thoroughly reassembled and checked function. Now i can utilize the full potential of the mdt and accuracy international magazines. sweetness. 2.970" oal in the mdt 12 rnd or 2.880" oal for the AI ten round mag. now i can run my 140 hybrid bergers out to the lands. buy mdt it's canadian awesomeness. cheers Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by PerversPépère View Post
    I guess they'll work with the actual Ruger Precision Rifle Gen2?
    PP.
    Shouldn't be an issue, the RPR accepts AICS pattern mags which these are.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast