Page 78 of 126 FirstFirst ... 586870717273747576777879808182838485868898 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT: All-New TYPE 81 SPECIAL EDITION

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG SHOOTZ View Post
    Alberta is where they come from
    Ok, thanks. Strange CP tracker said it was ON.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray 3-D View Post
    Ti has a measuring procedure now ? And whats their " acceptable amount " ?

More than 4mm of deviation from centre is "out of spec". Mine was over 3mm, figured they would take into account that there isn't a straight line on the whole gun and not so much. Anyone else having to measure may want to try a few times to make sure the measurement accurately reflects the amount of bend.

G4C still offering drumName:  Screenshot_2021-10-08-17-09-17-689_com.android.chrome.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  39.9 KB

Just got mine today. 1272X. No bend whatsoever, furniture is amazing, and seems to have been test fired. Anyone have an idea to make the top handguard just a bit tighter? I am going to test it out in a few hours, really looking forward to it. An excellent compliment to the MCR.

You might be able to shim the upper handguard with something to tighten it up.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Murray 3-D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Putz57 View Post
    More than 4mm of deviation from centre is "out of spec". Mine was over 3mm, figured they would take into account that there isn't a straight line on the whole gun and not so much. Anyone else having to measure may want to try a few times to make sure the measurement accurately reflects the amount of bend.
    Do u have an email that proves this ? This is useful info for me to have for future criticism lol
    Just saying it how it is.....

Do u have an email that proves this ? This is useful info for me to have for future criticism lol
    Yeah. I thought the bent rifles had been an “optical illusion”?

My bent fixed stock is about 1.5mm off and it’s quite visible. 4mm is a lot! It’s actually my receiver that curves towards the back trunnion. I still like it. I don’t like being told that I’m seeing things tho.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO WATCH AN UNBOXING VIDEO:

Last edited by Colin L; 10-08-2021 at 09:48 PM.
    Firearm Rights are Human Rights. CCFR CSSA CPC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Here's YouTuber Gnutzguy's method of measuring receiver deviation from baseline:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnutzguy

Ive trimmed the personal bits out but here's the email I got for anyone looking for their measuring procedure.

We understand that from first glance it may appear that your rifle is bent, however out of the thousands of rifles sold, less than five rifles have truly been out of specification. This is caused by a number of factors including the alignment of the wood handguard on the top of the rifle, the alignment of the stock, the opening on the top of the receiver and optical parallax. Due to the flaws in using visual methods to determine straightness we recommend the following procedure to determine if your barrel alignment is out of specification:

Remove the top cover and bolt. Clamp an unbendable straight edge such as a level to the side of the receiver. Use a pair of equal size stand-off blocks so that the straight edge is not resting on the rivets and is completely parallel to the receiver. Depending on the size of the stand-off block, the handguard may need to be removed as well so that the straight edge is clear and unobstructed to the end of the barrel.
    Measure the distance between the straight edge and the end of the barrel with precision calipers
    Repeat the same for the opposite side
    Subtract the difference in the two measurements and divide by two to determine centerline deviation

Some slight deviation is normal due to the old world manufacturing techniques used to manufacture these rifles, however if the centerline deviation exceeds 4mm please let us know and we can make arrangements for refund/replacement.

Cheers!

COMMERCIAL SALES
    TACTICAL IMPORTS CORP.