Page 80 of 126 FirstFirst ... 6070727374757677787980818283848586878890100 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT: All-New TYPE 81 SPECIAL EDITION

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtton View Post
    so let me ask you publicly, if any one of us are unhappy with our bent rifle, would you gladly trade your relatively straight rifle with us?
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    No because I am not looking to trade my cherry examples, but I can say that a bend wouldn't deter me from buying. If you have a beach wood folder with a bend you would like to sell and you aren't looking for a premium over new, let me know.
    I should also add that I completely understand not all people are like this, but they should also understand that this is a com block rifle and to govern their standards accordingly. If you think it's below your standards then don't buy it.

I myself am something of an "Ed Bolian" of the gun world, meaning I don't mind harsh examples as long as the price is right, and these are some of the most affordable feature rich NR rifles Canada has seen in the last 2 decades.
    Last edited by onetwentyish; 10-09-2021 at 02:51 PM.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    No because I am not looking to trade my cherry examples,
    i dont see why not? you will be happy with the severely bent and one of us will be happy with your relatively straight one. win win for both of us.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Murray 3-D's Avatar
    A 4mm deviation is around 2.8 feet @ 100m... thats a misalignment of around .488 degrees. Doesnt sound like much... but its pretty impressive what the human eye can perceive. Case being Tactical Imports puts a .5 degree downward cant in their 1913 mount and look how obvious that was to all the buyers. Most optics are perfectly capable of compensating for .488 degrees. Heck i swear my Vortex Strikeeagle had to compensate for 1.5 degrees when i mounted it to my Benelli MR1 lol and it did.

Despite the 4mm misalignment being trivial in a practical sense. And the fact that it could very well be a testament to the ways of their manufacture. I still get why many here would have the mindset that if there going to pay top dollar for a cheap mass produced gun, they should at least get top pick of the litter. No different then collector wanting to hand pick SVT 40s and SKS rifles.
    Just saying it how it is.....

I should also add that I completely understand not all people are like this, but they should also understand that this is a com block rifle and to govern their standards accordingly. If you think it's below your standards then don't buy it.

I myself am something of an "Ed Bolian" of the gun world, meaning I don't mind harsh examples as long as the price is right.
    but you dont get it. the dealer said the bent is not the standard. if the bent is the standard i certainly would not buy it.

ahhh, now you are talking. i would buy one with the "harsh" bent if "the price is right" . if i paid what the third world countries are paying i certainly would.

This sure is a strange narrative over what must be remembered is a mass produced, affordable (cheap relative to other examples) ultimately utilitarian rifle. This isn’t like a collectable milsurp that seized production 80 years prior.

This is a $1200 toy. Enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray 3-D View Post
    A 4mm deviation is around 2.8 feet @ 100m...
    how did you arrive to 2.8'?? i got 3.28' , just wondering how you did your calculations and nothing else.

CGN Regular
    The real crime is that this poorly built firearm is one of the few semi-automatic rifle's/lmg's Canadians can buy. You wouldn't have seen a thread at 80 pages for this 2 years ago.

CGN Regular
    I did a rough string test down the center with a sewing thread and it seems pretty straight but who knows it could be a 1-2mm off. good enough for me right now. I'll get the kobra optics once i save a up a few more bucks.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Murray 3-D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtton View Post
    how did you arrive to 2.8'?? i got 3.28' , just wondering how you did your calculations and nothing else.
    U can use a right angle calc and plug in .488 degrees and 328ft.... or u could solve it by using the fact that it deviates 4mm per 470mm ( 18.5" barrel) divided out across 100,000mm (100m)... both versions give u 2.79 or 2.8.... and like really ? 3.2 vs 2.8... who cares.
    Just saying it how it is.....

Quote Originally Posted by Murray 3-D View Post
    U can use a right angle calc and plug in .488 degrees and 328ft.... or u could solve it by using the fact that it deviates 4mm per 470mm ( 18.5" barrel) divided out across 100,000mm (100m)... both versions give u 2.79 or 2.8.... and like really ? 3.2 vs 2.8... who cares.
    are you kidding me? i care, the difference is over nearly 6" off at 100m.

i did a reverse calculation and figured you used 18.5" which is wrong. according to TI measuring method , the chamber is excluded cos we cant measure the chamber part. around 40cm length is what most of us uses.