Page 90 of 126 FirstFirst ... 70808283848586878889909192939495969798100110 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT: All-New TYPE 81 SPECIAL EDITION

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    It is to TI's credit that the price increase from the original to Special Edition of the Type 81 was so modest. As noted by others, with the lack of semi-automatic firearm choice from government interference, TI could have charged a much higher premium and still had great sales.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtton View Post
    yup, economic 101, sell for what the market will bear.

same principle, goes for those who are selling now for $1600.
    I will never get it how people miss out, couple friends wanted one so badly. I messaged them when they were. Next day got a message back if they are still available. Yes I said, resellers want 1,500 or 1,600. "Oh, you should have told me" Me: "I did and will not do it again."

Same with those FX9, just sign up on some dealers web site for notification and voila. How can you miss.

I guess some people only check their messages every 2 days, oh well.

And those LMG's will probably be over 2 K again next year.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scianna54 View Post
    I will never get it how people miss out, couple friends wanted one so badly. I messaged them when they were. Next day got a message back if they are still available. Yes I said, resellers want 1,500 or 1,600. "Oh, you should have told me" Me: "I did and will not do it again."

Same with those FX9, just sign up on some dealers web site for notification and voila. How can you miss.

lol, i get the same thing when i tell them about stocks and when it gone up, they say "why didnt you tell me?"

there you go folks. a word from the wise who has known to flip. buy the LMG now, they are an opportunity. next year they will probably be over $2000.

Lol I have no shortage of friends in their early 20's who always miss out too even though they're always on their phones.

like HOW

CGN Ultra frequent flyer medvedqc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    It is to TI's credit that the price increase from the original to Special Edition of the Type 81 was so modest. As noted by others, with the lack of semi-automatic firearm choice from government interference, TI could have charged a much higher premium and still had great sales.
    so true.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    40 containers fell off a cargo ship heading to vancouver, yesterday. hope it wasnt the second shipment of T81 rifles?

it was ship from south korea, pheeeew!!! those of you waiting for your samsung tablets and phones have to wait longer, lol.
    Last edited by Curtton; 10-25-2021 at 02:46 PM.

Work, family stuff, etc. I can be on my phone at every break but I'm organizing with friends, coworkers, answering emails, etc.

Some folks don't have the luxury of time.

Question for folks who have been following this thread more closely than I - has there been anything from TI to suggest that these rifles are either refurbs or parts kit guns?

I stripped my stock and under the red paint there had been since pretty obvious repairs to the furniture. I also received a pretty rusty/pitted LMG that had been refinished (parked) in the first batch.

To be honest I still really enjoy the gun, it was just a bit surprising
    "A gun is not a weapon, Marge, it's a tool. Like a butcher's knife or a harpoon, or...or an alligator."

CCFR/NFA Member

Quote Originally Posted by vultr View Post
    Question for folks who have been following this thread more closely than I - has there been anything from TI to suggest that these rifles are either refurbs or parts kit guns?

I stripped my stock and under the red paint there had been since pretty obvious repairs to the furniture. I also received a pretty rusty/pitted LMG that had been refinished (parked) in the first batch.

Post pics! But nothing direct from TI, but I think it's safe to assume that the factory most likely takes "out-of-spec" production parts and just makes them work. Whereas most production facilities factor in a certain number of out-of-spec parts/components to be produced and scrapped (the lower the tolerance and more accurate the dimensions, the increased number of scrapped parts), then adds that additional cost of scrapped parts into their quote. I just think that the factory isn't scrapping these parts and just repairing/adjusting them to make it work. Which is probably the right decision. This rifle is meant to be cheap, and function and I think it accomplishes just that.

Quote Originally Posted by vultr View Post

I wouldn’t rush to think it’s a refurb from that evidence. Good wood is hard to come by, especially clear hardwood with no knots, checks, splits etc. It’s very common practise even in high end lines of product now to resin fill, wood fill, and repair hardwood before it’s finished. There just isnt the same quality of hardwood selection any longer, and it’s waste is fairly regulated and expensive. Even in my trade a lot of hardwood products I receive if you look carefully or flip the planks to an untreated face you’ll see all the fillers and glues used. I mean I could be wrong in your case, so definitely share some photos, but in my opinion that’s just “welcome to hardwood in the future”