Kobra red dot sight

Well I put the Kobra on a folder and I don't know about you guys but it's a chin weld for me to get a good sight picture. Anyone here mess around with a cheek riser on the folder t81.. just looking for some ideas before I tape some foam on there lol

Well I put the Kobra on a folder and I don't know about you guys but it's a chin weld for me to get a good sight picture. Anyone here mess around with a cheek riser on the folder t81.. just looking for some ideas before I tape some foam on there lol

i used an svd cheek for other optics but never for the kobra.

Reviving this old girl.

So I had the dot zeroed at 50m... Everything was working great out to 200 just point-and-shoot on full-size steel...unit...... I changed the reticle to the small dot and chevron... the impact moved about 6 inches right at 100m, I think that the optic is ether canted, or the reticle is canted.

Kind of disappointing, but this confirms that you likely need to zero for the intended reticle... might just be mine that is maybe off-centre.

Is anyone else having this experience?

I don't notice any left or right change when I switch reticles, I pretty consistently hit the steel at 200 with them all.
That being said, I'm switching to a 3-D rail and I have a second Kobra I haven't zeroed yet so when I get to the range next week I'll be zeroing both Kobras on paper

I don't notice any left or right change when I switch reticles, I pretty consistently hit the steel at 200 with them all.
That being said, I'm switching to a 3-D rail and I have a second Kobra I haven't zeroed yet so when I get to the range next week I'll be zeroing both Kobras on paper
Keep us looped in...Why are you switching out the rail?

Also, what distance are you zeroing at? i had mine zeroed at 50m. Seemed to work well out to 200m. Put the dot on an squeeze.

I zero mine out to 100m, and I'm switching rails because I also have one of the scopes they were selling with the Type 81 SR and I want to be able to switch back and forth.
I also just don't like relying on the spring plate to hold my pins in and keep the rail and optic steady and zeroed. I like the idea of the pins being secured on both sides of the receiver.

Last edited:
I zero mine out to 100m, and I'm switching rails because I also have one of the scopes they were selling with the Type 81 SR and I want to be able to switch back and forth.
I also just don't like relying on the spring plate to hold my pins in and keep the rail and optic steady and zeroed. I like the idea of the pins being secured on both sides of the receiver.

Seems everyone has a different zero... 25 yards, 38 yards, 50m, 100m... I have been playing with the ballistic calculator. Next range trip I'm going to play with the 35m, looks like it should also cross the path at 200m and only a little high at 100m...

I hear ya about the side plate, I had my side rail walk off on me and loosen even with torquing and locktite.

Back
Top Bottom