Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Kobra red dot sight

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Murray 3-D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seamus View Post
    Good point on the shell deflector hadn't thought of that. My idea was to get one of the pic rail POSP's to mount on that VOMZ mount from eBay, looking at the shell deflectors I'm unsure if you could attach the POSP shell deflector to the pic rail version. I may have missed it in this thread but do the standard AK mount POSP's fit on the Kobra rail TI sent out with the Kobra's? Might just throw a strike eagle on the pic rail, but I really like combloc firearm aesthetics as I assume others like yourself do.
    Cant say for certain yet, but if Kobras fit, and the Vomiz rail, an AK POSP should.
    Just saying it how it is.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer medvedqc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teppo87 View Post
    Got a call back from Nick @ TI this evening and he confirmed that the reticle-swapping button doubles as the ON/OFF switch, hence the lack of the left-side turn-dial switch found on previous models. Holding down the reticle-swapping button turns the unit on and off.
    they changed tha in 2019 so we re getting newer version.

Finally got around to mounting the kobra on one of my folders. Must say I really love it. Looks a lot better than the pic rail imo, and the sight itself I like a lot as well. I have an astigmatism and find the chevron and three dash reticles are incredibly crisp. I still get some starburst with the dot though, but it seems a lot less than my vortex dots and even a little bit less than my holosuns. My only complaint, which I was already aware of before purchase, was that it might not be quite bright enough for very bright lighting conditions. Seems bright enough for green lush tree like environment in NS, but I wouldn't want to be using it in the desert. I did have to tighten the mount on the underside that TI mentioned earlier in the thread and it locks up very tight. Only issue I ran into during install of the optic mount plate was that I thought I heard TI say in the installation instruction video to set torque wrench to 40-inch lbs and ended up snapping a bit in two. Set the wrench to something lower and figured good enough since I added loctite as well. Can't wait to get it zero'd in at the range!

Speaking of zero, I know zeroing one reticle doesn't zero them all. Are you able to zero every reticle and have them hold zero or do you kind of have to pick which reticle you want to use because zeroing one reticle will change the zero on others?
    i find after testing that the german 1 kind is the best for avoiding the impact of burst. but even the single point is not that bad compared to a trs25.

my kobra decided that it will work only if i open or close the battery door ... the reticle change wont open it ... not very useful ... hope to get soon the rail that will fit on the mount i got and being able to use a scope on it ...

heard from TI and shipped back to get a replacement unit.
    Last edited by medvedqc; 12-03-2021 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by firebat View Post
    Fits like a glove..

thanks for pointing out this rail, finally got mine in the mail from Russia and it fits beautifully on my kobra mount. Didn't even need to tighten it down or anything.
    CSSA - CCFR - NFA - GOA

"Lex iniusta non est lex" - St. Augustine

thanks for pointing out this rail, finally got mine in the mail from Russia and it fits beautifully on my kobra mount. Didn't even need to tighten it down or anything.
    Glad that it worked for you! Running a x2.5 prism sight on that rail is what works for me the best, hitting 200m steel is almost too easy with it

No work was required, it just works out of the box. I bought in on eBay about a year ago, it's called "VOMZ Pilad 043-02 Side Rail Mount". It was shipped to me from Russia. There's a similar mount from the same manufacturer available now:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/184100676865...EAAOSwEFheBOy6

You can contact the seller, may be he can source the same one.
    finally got one and it fits like a charm as well.

Glad that it worked for you! Running a x2.5 prism sight on that rail is what works for me the best, hitting 200m steel is almost too easy with it
    will mount an ar blackout bushnell scope on it.

Is there any chance that TI will sell the kobra rail without the optic? I don't understand why the rail sold with the picatinny mount is completely different than the kobra

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimJoeJerryson View Post
    I don't understand why the rail sold with the picatinny mount is completely different than the kobra
    simple.... they make the mounts here in canada cos its much easier to make than the rail. just a matter of finding the rail or scope that works and then designing the mount to fit it.