Thread: Buying restricted from gun store - do I need an ATT?

Buying restricted from gun store - do I need an ATT?

As the title says, I was under the impression that the ATT is included in the licence when buying a restricted only for transport from the store to home the first time. Can anyone let me know if this is accurate? The store should give a transfer form as well, no?

Give that the Turd was just reelected and is threating to steal everything I would be leary of buying anything for the next couple of months. As for the AT&T rule haven't figured out if you get one with the transfer or if you need to apply for one. The one that came with your license is only good to the range

The att remaining conditions allow travel to and from your range and also allows transport of a newly purchased firearm from the place of purchase to your home.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The one on your license is good for the range and for picking up at the point of acquisition for a new purchase within your province
    From the firearms act
    Automatic authorization to transport — transfer

(2.2) If a chief firearms officer has authorized the transfer of a prohibited firearm or a restricted firearm to an individual who holds a licence authorizing the individual to possess prohibited firearms or restricted firearms, the individual must be authorized to transport the firearm within the individual’s province of residence from the place where they acquire it to the place where they may possess it under section 17.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by inawoods90 View Post
    As the title says, I was under the impression that the ATT is included in the licence when buying a restricted only for transport from the store to home the first time. Can anyone let me know if this is accurate? The store should give a transfer form as well, no?
    Based on your question - it will be your first restricted ...

It means that automatic Special Condition will be attached only AFTER this purchase, and CFP in Miramichi will issue a new RPAL card and it will come attached to a page pf paper which lists
    the conditions attached to your license and which =has to be carried together with RPAL as conformation of these conditions.

So, send CFO e-mail and ask for an ATT to bring your first restricted home (after you get the Transfer Notification), ask the shop to send it to your home or wait until new RPAL card arrives
    If a politician’s life is worth armed guards, why aren't our children's lives worth the ability for us to give them the same level of protection?

Well this is interesting. I have no experience with this as i'm still waiting for my PAL in the mail. But from the material I was taught in the course and the material I'd read, it sounds as though the license no longer has any ATT privilages whatsoever and any mere thought of moving the restricted around for any reason whatsoever to anything regardless of what it is or for what purpose requires a fresh ATT every time

I really don't mean to derail the thread though, but if the license is good for going to the range and back, are we talking just the explicit gun club you have a membership too? How does an officer know if they needed to check? Like how does that all work?
    Ky.
    Software Engineer | Web Software Engineer | Game Developer | Firearms enthusiast | Budding hunter | CCFR Member
    Proud Canadian. Proud British Columbian.

To necro this thread: I purchased a new handgun. The Transfer allows you to transport your new firearm from the place of purchase directly to the registered storage location ie. your home. Then you need to wait for your registration papers, your new RPAL (with ATT conditions attached) as well as your regular ATT in order to take your firearm to the range you are a member of. This ATT does not need to be renewed constantly. However you do need a new one if your place of residence changes or you join a new club.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloKy View Post
    Well this is interesting. I have no experience with this as i'm still waiting for my PAL in the mail. But from the material I was taught in the course and the material I'd read, it sounds as though the license no longer has any ATT privilages whatsoever and any mere thought of moving the restricted around for any reason whatsoever to anything regardless of what it is or for what purpose requires a fresh ATT every time

I really don't mean to derail the thread though, but if the license is good for going to the range and back, are we talking just the explicit gun club you have a membership too? How does an officer know if they needed to check? Like how does that all work?
    What you were taught on your course was wrong. See post #4 and #5 for the correct info.

Maybe the guy in post #2 taught your course, lol..
    The most asinine quote in Canadian history;
    A “fringe minority” in truckers convoy with “unacceptable views” “don’t represent Canadians”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloKy View Post
    ...I'm still waiting for my PAL in the mail. But from the material I was taught in the course and the material I'd read, it sounds as though the license no longer has any ATT privilages whatsoever and...
    ...and when you receive your license, you'll also receive...
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg