Thread: Fusion 460 Rowland Kits!!

Expried Business Member

Fusion 460 Rowland Kits!!

Good day CGN! For those who are looking to take their 1911 to the next level...
    460 Rowland

The .460 Rowland® cartridge is a .45 caliber round delivering TRUE .44 MAGNUM POWER from your Converted .45 ACP pistol.

The .460 Rowland® Conversion is a barrel conversion for your lightweight, easy to carry, semiautomatic .45 ACP Pistol which enables you to shoot the Mighty .460 Rowland® round. You’ll get half the recoil and muzzle flip you might expect from a .44 Magnum revolver.

The kits come with a 26 Lb. recoil spring, match grade 460 Rowland barrel, guide rod with end cap and allen key. These things are all required as shooting this caliber requires more than just your standard drop-in barrel conversion.

Not just any 1911 will work safely with this caliber, below is the criteria for a successful .460 Rowland Conversion:

• Modern, High-Quality, i.e. fully heat-treated slide {to Rockwell-C hardness > 36}
    • Standard 5", Normally Ramped, i.e. not fully ramped,
    • Standard Barrel Bushing Configuration, i.e. no bull barrels
    • Not a “double-stack”….very little success converting guns with DS magazines

A List of 1911 manufacturers approved for the conversion can be found HERE

With these considerations in mind, Chinese made Norinco .45 ACPs meet all requirements nicely (the steel being of the required hardness on the Rockwell-C Hardness scale).

These are priced at sale pricing until we are out of stock.

Drop by the website or the shop to check them out!

Cheers!
    Last edited by WanstallsOnline; 09-30-2021 at 03:22 PM.

What support can you offer in ammunition or reloading support?

Thanks.

Expried Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bsrcuda View Post
    What support can you offer in ammunition or reloading support?

Thanks.
    Hi there, 460 Rowland is more of a hand loader's round. We can order in components as long as they are in stock with Canadian distributors.

As for loaded ammunition, we do bring in Buffalo Bore but they have yet to submit their 460 Rowland loads for export approval and with their current backlog I don't think they will very soon. Hopefully that will change.

Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    Hi there, 460 Rowland is more of a hand loader's round. We can order in components as long as they are in stock with Canadian distributors.

As for loaded ammunition, we do bring in Buffalo Bore but they have yet to submit their 460 Rowland loads for export approval and with their current backlog I don't think they will very soon. Hopefully that will change.
    Thanks for the answer.

So we could use 45ACP brass but have to make sure it's identified so it doesn't end up in a regular 45ACP chamber. You'd have to really trust your system to not mix them up.

I'd be more inclined to try this if I knew I could get genuine 460 Brass.
    "The Just Society will be one in which the rights of minorities will be safe from the whims of intolerant majorities."
    – Pierre Elliot Trudeau

Buffalo Bore .460 Rowland is already in Canada. $3+ a round though. I bought all the brass to be found through the internet a few months ago and haven't seen anyone restock yet.

Expried Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by B View Post
    Buffalo Bore .460 Rowland is already in Canada. $3+ a round though. I bought all the brass to be found through the internet a few months ago and haven't seen anyone restock yet.
    Yup, I've seen it here and there but according to BB's own paperwork it's not "technically" approved for export. Lol. Enough said on that.

We do have a large BB order in and I've been asking for 460 and a few other loads we don't usually see up here but they are swamped right now.

These kits turned up the other day while we were going through some 1911 parts and we decided to offer them up at sale pricing to move them along. It's a cool project for someone who has the patience to see it through.

I'd be interested in more brass, all I found is 700 pieces.