CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ammo Now Delivered By UPS and Firearms By CanadaPost

Here is the situation : cannot be delivered if genuine UPS is not working near you. Got some ammo from BC Auction, was asked to find another address than mine since UPS was using another courrier to deliver to my place. So they told the auctionneer. Ever heard of that?

Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    This is extremely valuable advice.

Don't make the same mistake I made when I wasn't home a few years back and they had told me it is going back to the sender in the US unless I pick it up at the UPS main distribution depot in Toronto, which is at Jane/Steeles area. It took me an hour to drive there (and 1.25 hours to drive back as by then it was rush hour), but the worst part was the extra 3.5 hours sitting there along with a bunch of other customers while they were "looking" for the item. I don't understand why they can't just have delivered it to the local UPS store in my community.
    After the first time that happened to me I explored options and discovered the account and shipping location options!
    .17M2 owner....one of the original M2 buyers...Join The Crowd!!

CGN Regular
    A friend just had a call he ordered ammo from a company and UPS will not deliver ammo to Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. They’re informed that Sault Ste. Marie, has a contractor delivering for UPS so they’ll not ship ammo here.

UPS truck; look in the bowl and the look for the same colour in a truck.

My order of (predominantly) ammo arrived by UPS earlier today, also got a magpul sling and some Tipton stuff but it obviously made sense to ship all by UPS. I had no idea it was going to weigh so much lol :D

For some reason, the UPS My Choice didn’t allow me to reroute to the UPS Store, I could’ve only selected a new day for delivery. Not sure if because it was ammo or because the orde was so heavy, but at any rate it all worked out.

Thanks for the prompt order processing and shipping!

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_guy111 View Post
    A friend just had a call he ordered ammo from a company and UPS will not deliver ammo to Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. They’re informed that Sault Ste. Marie, has a contractor delivering for UPS so they’ll not ship ammo here.
    Same for Sudbury.

I am guessing most places in the north of Barrie will have the same issues.

…………
    Last edited by Helsinki Cowboy; 10-28-2021 at 07:11 AM.
    Those who don’t learn from history are bound to repeat it ! ...... Registration leads to confiscation !!

I had a similar problem, gun retailer couldn’t ship UPS to Northern Ontario (north of SSM). But then my Cabelas order of ammo shipped through UPS and was handed off to the contractor. UPS stuff gets handed over to Gardewine in Sudbury or SSM. Then Gardewine delivers.
    IG @2eh.j
    CCFR Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan89 View Post
    UPS is brutal. I work out of town and after 2 delivery attempted I got an email saying that they would return my package to sender unless I paid a fee to reschedule, which I did but they didn't even give me the option to choose a date I would actually be home...
    Are you sure that was a legit UPS email? I got one like that and it turned out to be a scam, getting the person to enter their cc info for a "$2 fee" which really just steals your credit card. I only figured out the scam because I tried the tracking number on UPS actual website and it didn't work. So I called customer service trying to track it and they told me it was a scam. Asked me to forward the email to their fraud department.
    ***** FREE THE WEST *****

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    This is extremely valuable advice.

Don't make the same mistake I made when I wasn't home a few years back and they had told me it is going back to the sender in the US unless I pick it up at the UPS main distribution depot in Toronto, which is at Jane/Steeles area. It took me an hour to drive there (and 1.25 hours to drive back as by then it was rush hour), but the worst part was the extra 3.5 hours sitting there along with a bunch of other customers while they were "looking" for the item. I don't understand why they can't just have delivered it to the local UPS store in my community.
    Look on the bright side. If your order was ammo, Jane & Steeles was the perfect place to pick it up. You could either use it to fight your way out or sell it on the street to the locals at a huge markup. Win/win.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast