Failing to send Purchase

Waldo666

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a question about what I can do if you send someone the money for a purchase and they do not send the item. I bought a rifle, I got his licence and made sure everything was legal and that he had the rifle. Now he wants extra momey or no rifle. He hasnt messaged me back in a day and I was wondering is there anything I can do or is that money now gone? This has happened to me twice now and thats alot of money just to dissapear.

Did you buy on the EE or someplace else?
Does he want money for shipping/insurance etc.?
One day is not a long wait despite it seeming so.
Good luck!

If you paid by credit card cancel it, if you did an EMT you can have your bank cancel it

No he wants more money then the agreed price. Trying to change the prive after I payed for it. It is not off the EE

You don't have too many options here. Threaten to file a police report or legal action. Ask for a refund or the rifle shipped. I would just ask for a refund and call it a day, likely not somebody you want to be dealing with anyway, could lead to more problems down the road. If the EMT is complete and already deposited into his account there isn't too much the bank can do to reverse it.

Currently asked for either the rifle or the money, going to give it the weekend and if still nothing ill ask the RCMP if there is anything. I have bought many guns used from people but this is the first time this has happened. And it has happe ed twice in the same time frame.

Currently asked for either the rifle or the money, going to give it the weekend and if still nothing ill ask the RCMP if there is anything. I have bought many guns used from people but this is the first time this has happened. And it has happe ed twice in the same time frame.

Curious about the site, GP by any chance?

Police won't likely help as it's a civil matter. Best you can do is small claims court. High chance dude is a scammer and might be using stolen ID so make sure you don't send him more money.

Police won't likely help as it's a civil matter. Best you can do is small claims court. High chance dude is a scammer and might be using stolen ID so make sure you don't send him more money.

Police won't do ######
Don't send more money, thats just being stupid.

No he wants more money then the agreed price. Trying to change the prive after I payed for it. It is not off the EE

How’d you pay? If you used (FRAUD ALERT) G&S or CC you can probably get your $ back immediately, but it seems e-Transfer is more common with firearms (full disclosure: most my experience is with buy/sell knives). Court and promissory estoppel may be your only option if he doesn’t willingly refund you or send the firearm. Hope this works out for you.

GP yes. Put a WTB ad up

Unfortunately it sounds like a scammer. Likely provided pics of someone else's PAL he scammed them for and pics of the rifle he stole off another site. If you provided them with your PAL (especially if you sent a pic) I would let the CFO know in case he uses it to scam someone else.

I have a question about what I can do if you send someone the money for a purchase and they do not send the item. I bought a rifle, I got his licence and made sure everything was legal and that he had the rifle. Now he wants extra momey or no rifle. He hasnt messaged me back in a day and I was wondering is there anything I can do or is that money now gone? This has happened to me twice now and thats alot of money just to dissapear.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1554174-Fraud-Report-Forum-Application-and-Guidelines

While your transaction took place outside of CGN here are some benefits of what this site offers in the way of protection to our members.
Some may disagree of my opinion, but these are the steps this site offers.
Some of the steps to go after the offending pos that ripped you off.
You'll just have to convince the local Federalies to start a file on this and if possible get your money back .
Not everybody wants the police to know they are scamming and if a paper trail is available they will be able to be tracked.
Side note, my back offers an option to stop an EMT/ET for a fee ..no idea if they can claim it back once it has been accepted though ? (not likely).
Rob

IBTL..

How was sellers trader rating and join date?
One of the first things to check out.

Sending more money means a bigger loss I'm afraid.
Take your loss and learn from it and report seller.
Police will not help at all since you voluntarily sent the money. They well say it's a civil suit issue.

Back
Top Bottom