Failing to send Purchase

The banks wont even tell you where you money went. Sounds like you were scammed. Police have to obtain a production order just to find out where your money was sent to. If it was over seas it is gone

For a good laugh every now and again I post a WTB on GP and then sit back and wait for idiots to troll, I have several text apps installed so I call each # they text from off the app some will say "the textnow subscriber you are trying to reach is unavailable" blah blah, or I will text off a different # then the one I had posted and ask if they still have some random part or silly gun @ whatever price I think of and if they say yes you know for sure it's a group of scammers.

Another is when they send a pal pic to try and show they are "legit" and then a drivers license photo to prove the name match's.. but any one with half a brain would see both ID'S have the exact same photo on them and not centered etc,,

it honestly is a riot to mess with them think I'll post another ad tonight

I'll be honest. The fact this has happened twice too you is your own fault. Used a bad website known for having scammers. Set up a web ad that says come scam me. And then sent the money to them. 100% your own fault. Sorry it happened but get wise on how to do expensive used transactions as your current method is apparently open for business for scammers.

For a good laugh every now and again I post a WTB on GP and then sit back and wait for idiots to troll, I have several text apps installed so I call each # they text from off the app some will say "the textnow subscriber you are trying to reach is unavailable" blah blah, or I will text off a different # then the one I had posted and ask if they still have some random part or silly gun @ whatever price I think of and if they say yes you know for sure it's a group of scammers.

Another is when they send a pal pic to try and show they are "legit" and then a drivers license photo to prove the name match's.. but any one with half a brain would see both ID'S have the exact same photo on them and not centered etc,,

it honestly is a riot to mess with them think I'll post another ad tonight

It seems like there's a high volume of scammers on the site and this is a daily occurrence. It's unfortunate GP does little to nothing to stop it.

It seems like there's a high volume of scammers on the site and this is a daily occurrence. It's unfortunate GP does little to nothing to stop it.

I've been on GP for over 3 years and haven't been taken yet well over 60 deals. you just have to do your homework and make sure the guy or gal is legit,

If it don't feel right walk away that simple.

I've sent cash to brand new accounts and got the rifle next day it's all how the person presents them selves, and asking for random photos with the days date or your phone # as proof they actually have said item helps too.

GP, right at the very top of their page clearly states that scammers target WTB ads. No way would I post a WTB firearm ad on GP unless I was doing a face to face deal. OP, sounds like you got ripped off, twice. The police don't have the time to deal with remote petty theft and the bank won't help you with recovering a EMT. If that is how you paid. You are being scammed for more money. Take the loss, report the member to GP and move on.

I had a wanted to buy add up on GP and received one email that seemed like a scam but received an email from GP 10 minutes later warning me it was likely a scammer. I've done several deals on there over the last 3 - 3 1/2 years without issue. Do you your homework before hand. Sucks that it happened to you.

Both numbers are text app #'s I called them for you from our PM msg.

I urge everyone to download a couple apps your self and call any # that says they have items for sale first, 99% of the time they wont answer and you get a msg saying the txt now subscriber you are trying to reach is not available etc. and if they do answer 100% of the time you have a horrible accent and broken english..

it's a horrible lesson but people need to protect themselves at all cost

Never post a WTB ad on GP, big scam. The fact that you have "his" license does not mean anything. Could be anybody's license.

The banks wont even tell you where you money went. Sounds like you were scammed. Police have to obtain a production order just to find out where your money was sent to. If it was over seas it is gone

This seems to be a good solution, if you can convince the police there's a scam going on. Up to you whether it's worth it for the hassle, and it may turn out to be for the $$s.

I didn't know GP was so prolific with scammers. I try to conduct deals face to face if possible. Asked about a item once, the members first post. Asked to purchase by COD, he wasn't willing, I wasn't willing to send EMT to a complete unknown, onto the next one...

Back
Top Bottom