BCL MRX Bison Scout 12.5" 5.56 FDE Non-Restricted

I'm getting pretty sick of wondering when anything but .223 will be made.

Expectations and disappointment go hand in hand.... it would have been smarter not to announce all the future plans out of the gate and then bring "good news" in a just in time delivery approach.

Compared to the Mossberg or Ruger alternative, the quality of these seem much better.

I would hope so given that it costs more..... I bought an American a couple years ago for $700 all in where as the $999 Bison price after tax and shipping is likely over $1100

I don't mind the cheap plastic stock on the American and it shoots great, bolt was bit noisy and rough but it was easy to smooth out, I haven't bothered adjusting the trigger weight as it was nice out of the box. I wouldn't really compare the rifles though as other then mag compatibility and caliber, they are quite different.

Can you install any AR stock onto these guns?

I have tried both Mil Spec and Commercial.

The Bison appears to have a Mil Spec buffer tube, so I added a sticky felt pad to help the wobble with the Commercial stock.

The significant difference between the mil-spec and commercial AR-15 buffer tubes is the outer diameter of the stock-end, which will also determine the type of buttstock you buy. At the buttstock end, the commercial buffer tube is . 02” wider than the mil-specific buffer tube—1.168" vs. 1.148" diameter respectively.

I ordered 2 Luth AR MB3 stocks from China (think all are made there now), will try it out on my Bison, maybe sell the other.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom