Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Jard J180 Build Kits, $1299, in stock ,version for .223, .300 Blackout, not 7.62x39mm

Hi AbH,

If you look at the original post and click the link, it would seem that they already have a bolt face available for 7.62x39.

Quote Originally Posted by AbHobbyist View Post
    Ustauk

As you seem to be in the know..........

Is there a time line for the larger bolt face to arrive. A none-restricted in 7.62x39 is appealing to me.

Thx

AbH

Quote Originally Posted by Ditchdoc View Post
    Hi AbH,

If you look at the original post and click the link, it would seem that they already have a bolt face available for 7.62x39.
    DD

Thanks for making time to reply, however perhaps I was not clear.

I appreciate that Jard makes a a J180 receiver set with a 7.62x39 bolt face............

However my understanding is that there is none in Canada yet, and I was wondering when they might appear here.

I hope that is more clear.

regards

AbH

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by AbHobbyist View Post
    Ustauk

As you seem to be in the know..........

Is there a time line for the larger bolt face to arrive. A none-restricted in 7.62x39 is appealing to me.

Thx

AbH
    They said the next shipment was going to be small face build kits(.223, .300 Blackout, etc), with .223 rifles to follow. They said specifically they were initially focussing on the .223 crowd first. If enough people call or email them, maybe they can be convinced to bringing some larger bolt face kits for 7.62x39mm for the fourth shipment...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Member Wind of Pain posted pictures and impressions on the Black Rifle J180 build thread -> https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...1#post18418593

I posted his pictures in-thread at this post -> https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...1#post18420223 , along with some of his comments from his Reddit thread -> https://www.reddit.com/r/canadaguns/...rd_j180_build/

Expired Business Member sylvestre sports's Avatar
    Hey everybody, quick update just in time for xmas received another shipment of 20 Jard J180 builders kits $1299.99 also dust covers now in stock $129.99

Well that is excellent!!

What bolt face size are these?

Did you get any in for 7.62x39??

Thx

AbH

Expired Business Member sylvestre sports's Avatar
    No larger bolt heads yet. In the works.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvestre sports View Post
    No larger bolt heads yet. In the works.
    Good to hear. 7.62x39mm piston 180s are hard to come by, with people often seeking availability on the forum, and the other option with a full M Lok handguard that takes AK mags is notorious for very inconsistent reliability between their individual firearms. There should be a market for the larger bolt face kits, assuming one can find the appropriate barrel. People may be interested in the Type 1 Grendel option from it as well.

When Jard gets around to producing an AK magazine lower, please pass along they may want to do an alternate upper or make adapters for some common folding stocks, like a Magpul Zhukov AK folding variable length of pull stock, or a picatinny adapter to use MCX/BRN-180 stocks. Hopefully the ergonomics of the lower can be improved while they are working on it, as well.
    Last edited by Ustauk; 12-17-2021 at 03:41 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer medvedqc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    I checked with Jard, and the second shipment will, whenever it arrives, still be smaller bolt face kits, for 556/.223, .300 Blackout, etc. They will be bringing in larger faced bolt builder kits in later shipments. Longer term, they intend to bring in some interesting additional Jard projects, like a J180 lower that takes AK mags, and something in 9 mm.
    late in the battle but excellent news.

What’s the reason for the high price? Seems like there are lots of flaws in the design, including the receiver rail height