Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Jard J180 Build Kits, $1299, in stock ,version for .223, .300 Blackout, not 7.62x39mm

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gotrdone View Post
    Can’t figure out the pics thing, but mine is built with bushmaster barrel and accessories, functions fine no issues so far, waiting for my optic to arrive for it, just ran 10 rounds to test, Jard trigger is nice, going to run it at some targets and yotes this weekend when my scope arrives on friday
    Exciting to hear! I'd love to get a bit more feedback yet, but I'm pretty much sold, just gotta gather the budget together now.

I spoke with Sylvestre today, and they weren't able to offer much info on fit/finish or how the internals are configured. If these really are true DI like a Ljungman or MAS49, I'll be interested to see how they handle various calibers.
    Understand that voting got us into this mess, do you really believe more voting will get us out? I await the day when the ballots will be cast in the streets, before the guillotine and the gallows; until then, nothing will truly change.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I’m trying to figure out how to add pics, I suck at this
    If you can upload them someplace and post the links, I will upload the pictures to Imgur.com and post them in the thread for you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gotrdone

I assembled the J180 on last night, the only piece I need yet is my Magpul stock with cheak riser (on order). I put my XCaliber 204 barrel on, this barrel was a tack driver on my MDI SLR, this weekend I will try the loads that worked good with that barrel on the MDI. The finish is not as nice as the MDI but is a big improvement from the J48s I have owned.
    The design of the J180 seems a lot better, but we will see how it holds up, the week spot on the j48 was the timing plate that sat in the bolt carrier and ran on the top of the receiver, the curve on the timing plate was not correct and it wore badly on the upper receiver. The J180 uses a bigger timing pin that runs in a slot in the side of the receiver, the timing pin comes out of the bolt and is more like the size of the pin used in a AR15. the size of the pin and slot on the J180 will hopefully solve the problems that the J48 had with timing. Another big improvement over the J48 is the way the charge handle is held in by the operating rods. It is real nice to dissemble and clean, I wish the trigger housing was one piece VS the 2 piece that they are using on the J180 now. The only fault I found on mine is that if the safety is on and you try pulling the bolt back you will jam up the bolt, hammer and safety and will have to remove lower and flip hammer back with your thumb. Sorry I don't know how to post pics. Thx

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightfehr View Post
    I assembled the J180 on last night, the only piece I need yet is my Magpul stock with cheak riser (on order). I put my XCaliber 204 barrel on, this barrel was a tack driver on my MDI SLR, this weekend I will try the loads that worked good with that barrel on the MDI. The finish is not as nice as the MDI but is a big improvement from the J48s I have owned.
    The design of the J180 seems a lot better, but we will see how it holds up, the week spot on the j48 was the timing plate that sat in the bolt carrier and ran on the top of the receiver, the curve on the timing plate was not correct and it wore badly on the upper receiver. The J180 uses a bigger timing pin that runs in a slot in the side of the receiver, the timing pin comes out of the bolt and is more like the size of the pin used in a AR15. the size of the pin and slot on the J180 will hopefully solve the problems that the J48 had with timing. Another big improvement over the J48 is the way the charge handle is held in by the operating rods. It is real nice to dissemble and clean, I wish the trigger housing was one piece VS the 2 piece that they are using on the J180 now. The only fault I found on mine is that if the safety is on and you try pulling the bolt back you will jam up the bolt, hammer and safety and will have to remove lower and flip hammer back with your thumb. Sorry I don't know how to post pics. Thx
    Thanks for the info! If you want personal message me a Google drive link with your pictures or post a link in the clear, I can upload them to Imgur.com and post them in thread for you.

Super GunNutz
    Was the timing plate the cause of the double/triple taps with the 48?

I remember the charging handle pin? Being really fragile. If I remember correctly, mine kinda bent from the excessive reciprocating motion.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    I’m trying to figure out how to add pics, I suck at this
    Go to: https://postimages.org/ CHOOSE IMAGE - then COPY the 2nd LINK...when you get back here to your Post click the little TREE icon above ^ & then PASTE the link you just copied..Presto, she done. I dont recommend Imgur at all..if you read the comments, on pretty much any of the posts there, they are so hard Left/Liberal & anti gun, & Pro SJW/BS etc. Im shocked they allow firearm picz at all.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyy View Post
    Go to: https://postimages.org/ CHOOSE IMAGE - then COPY the 2nd LINK...when you get back here to your Post click the little TREE icon above ^ & then PASTE the link you just copied..Presto, she done. I dont recommend Imgur at all..if you read the comments, on pretty much any of the posts there, they are so hard Left/Liberal & anti gun, & Pro SJW/BS etc. Im shocked they allow firearm picz at all.
    I always keep the gun posts on Imgur private, which is why maybe I have not had trouble with them. I like the way if you put a lower case letter L, "l", between the the file name and the period in front of the extension, it will post a forum friendly sized picture. Example would be , without quotes and plus signs "picturename"+"l"+".jpg"