Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Is my Stag 10 upper and lower a paper weight?

Ya'll need to man up and use your property as you see fit. Use some discretion obviously. Liberty loving men don't ask for permission.

Quote Originally Posted by JDForBrkFst View Post
    Ya'll need to man up and use your property as you see fit. Use some discretion obviously. Liberty loving men don't ask for permission.
    + one on this.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jmichelin84's Avatar
    I've heard that many have sold their rifles I wish that I could just come across a pond with a lower in it and maybe a barrel I love that
    Is it wrong to love the clack clack bang, but wanna run from a click tick lol

Quote Originally Posted by jmichelin84 View Post
    I've heard that many have sold their rifles I wish that I could just come across a pond with a lower in it and maybe a barrel I love that
    https://youtu.be/4RGbrEmVrhc

A similar issue arises with the Stag 10. A pre-ban version of the FRT has an even clearer statement in its Canadian Law Comments regarding the Stag 10: “The Stag Arms, Model STAG-10 firearm does not incorporate mechanical, aesthetic or other design features that can be traced directly to any particular firearm; it is therefore not considered a variant of any firearm found in the “Prohibited Firearms Regulations” or the “Restricted Firearms Regulations” appended to the Criminal Code.”

This pre-ban FRT entry for the Stag, made publicly available and current just days before the May 1 OIC, clearly states that the Stag 10 is explicitly not an AR variant.

A post-ban version of the same FRT entry, now reflecting the Stag’s current prohibited status, has no Canadian Law Comments.

This later version of the publicly available FRT, current as of last week, indicates that the Stag 10 is now prohibited as an AR variant.

In other words, evidence of the Stag’s justification for being non-restricted; that quite clear statement, “it is therefore not considered a variant of any firearm found in the “Prohibited Firearms Regulations” or the “Restricted Firearms Regulations,” has been removed, and the firearm reclassified… a move that, according to the previous FRT data and much like what we’re seeing with today’s prohibitions, seems to be beyond the scope of the OIC’s prohibition of explicitly AR variants.

We strongly recommend anyone with one of these rifles wait for further instruction. With such strong evidence of inappropriate tampering (with regards to the legal comments and other descriptors of formerly non-restricted firearms being summarily deleted from records) and prohibitions beyond the scope of the OIC’s regulatory amendments, it is highly likely that Judicial Reviews will be employed to address this overstepping.

Further to that point. The government authorizes those competitions by legislation that has not been repealed. It subsidizes those competitions by permitting them on Federal property and still does.

It sanctions the use of shooting ranges for those purposes, ranges whose range approvals still permit those competitions, knowing full well what equipment those competitions require.

If the government was genuinely of the belief that these firearms and those like them are not suitable for competition and such competitions are a danger to the public, then there are at least 20 other things that should have been banned along with the firearms themselves. The glaring inconsistencies definitely beg scrutiny.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

Date stamp 23/04/2019
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

Except I’m pretty sure the Stag 10 was named by name in the OIC. Therefore they really don’t have to give any reason why it’s prohibited. The FRT is not law and as such anything in them shouldn’t be able to be used in court. Wether for or against us. That argument is better for anything that wasn’t named and has since had its FRT changed. We all know the OIC list was created without any real common sense or mechanical or firearm knowledge. They can’t demonstrate to a judge what was used in the creation of the list, so we know they wasn’t any actual fact used in its creation.

Edit
    Last edited by scourge18a; 11-08-2021 at 05:36 PM.

If anyone does want us to send their STAG-10 or STAG-15 or Colt or BCM rifles imported by Arms East back to USA, please complete this checkout:

https://www.armseast.ca/import/export/export_rifle_to_usa_stag10_stag15_colt_ar15_etc/

Price is $225CAD all in to get the rifle to our US location and ready for sale on Gunbroker or shipped to a FFL of your choice.

Please Email instead of CGN Private Message for AEI business.

Arms East's Online Shopping
    CGN AEI Forum

info@armseast.com

SALES: 844-579-0007
    Please Email instead of CGN Private Message for AEI business.

Quote Originally Posted by sillymike View Post
    With all these delays... I cannot help but wonder if we can sue for emotional distress in small claims court?
    - All this non-sens about having $$ tied in newly prohibited devices is certainly causing me lots of stress... not to mention the aggravation of not being allowed to use them, even though they were lawfully purchased...
    I like this, it’s worth a shot.