Thread: Inheritance?? New PAL???

CGN Regular

Inheritance?? New PAL???

Hello all. Took long enuff, but after nearing 2 years of waiting I have finally received my PAL (thanks pandemic).

Now i would like to bring home my inherited firearms. My grandfather passed away many years ago now and left me a very very nice unused Beretta AM301 (was transferred to my mother back in the long gun registry days, until I got my license). Additionally my mother would like to pass on her Browning FN SA22, and a new Savage A22 to me.

My question I’m trying to sort out is is there anything I or my mother really need to do other than bring them now to my home. I have a secured cabinet and will additionally use trigger locks. So I’m good there, I just want to be 100% on if I crossing all my T and dotting my I When it comes to legality of the transfer.

Thanks

As long as none of the firearms is a restricted just bring them home.
    Congrats on finally getting your PAL too.
    The TRUTH to a Liberal is as SALT to a SLUG!

All your mom has to do (legally), is pass on these NR firearms to someone who is legally allowed to possess them. All you have to do to possess them, is be licensed to do so. You are. You're good.

CGN Regular
    Ok thanks. That’s what I was thinking from what I could gather but just wanted a bit more assurance.