Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Type 81 Handguard?

Type 81 Handguard?

I'm hoping to pickup a Type 81 rifle on the next shipment and I'm looking around for furniture. I hear the Poly Tech quad rail isn't coming back. Is there any quad rail/mlok handguard that will fit on the type 81?
    I may not be smart a Man... But I'm smart enough to know Criminals don't Obey Gun Laws. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Regular
    Same question

CGN Regular
    I am also wondering know

There are a few mod videos using magpul rails

I think some yugo stuff can be modded also

I have some handrails that are AK 47 based and they do need a minor modification by yourself or your gunsmith. Message me your phone on private and i will send you pics. Here is the link pic of my 81 that i am selling
    https://www.###########/firearms/rif...xtra-furniture

Post the pics in here, id like to see

Zenitco (and by extension the airsoft clones you see on aliexpress) quad-rails can be very easily modified to fit the T81 - aside from a little bit of a goofy appearance, given that the cuts are for an AK and not a T81, they're quite sturdy and a good alternative for a quadrail. On aliexpress these clones tend to be around 70-90 bucks. Similarly, the Yugo m70 airsoft quadrails you see on aliexpress can also be fitted - though they require a bit more work to do so, but are cheaper, around 45-55 bucks. I've fitted the zenitco clone to my LMG and it hold stable under fire with a vert grip mounted. In both cases, you will need to remove the wood from the gas tube (secured by a riveted plate), so keep that in mind.

To the best of my knowledge, there are no actual t81 handguards being marketed in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Grenzer View Post
    Zenitco (and by extension the airsoft clones you see on aliexpress) quad-rails can be very easily modified to fit the T81 - aside from a little bit of a goofy appearance, given that the cuts are for an AK and not a T81, they're quite sturdy and a good alternative for a quadrail. On aliexpress these clones tend to be around 70-90 bucks. Similarly, the Yugo m70 airsoft quadrails you see on aliexpress can also be fitted - though they require a bit more work to do so, but are cheaper, around 45-55 bucks. I've fitted the zenitco clone to my LMG and it hold stable under fire with a vert grip mounted. In both cases, you will need to remove the wood from the gas tube (secured by a riveted plate), so keep that in mind.

To the best of my knowledge, there are no actual t81 handguards being marketed in Canada.
    The only one I know is the lower half of the LMG handguard that's here: https://www.###########/firearm-comp...ower-handguard

I'm hoping to find someone who can lend me their polytech quad rail so I can recreate in a CAD program and make it myself.
    I may not be smart a Man... But I'm smart enough to know Criminals don't Obey Gun Laws. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden26 View Post
    The only one I know is the lower half of the LMG handguard that's here: https://www.###########/firearm-comp...ower-handguard

I'm hoping to find someone who can lend me their polytech quad rail so I can recreate in a CAD program and make it myself.
    Interestingly, the PLA does not seem to have ever issued quadrails on a military basis for the original T81 - there have however been some... interesting LHG/side mount combos:

I’d would like a dedicated rail for the type 81. I don’t want to do a mod to fit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast