Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tikka Replacement Bolt Bodies

Tikka Replacement Bolt Bodies

I am very pleased to be adding the manufacture of bolt bodies for the Tikka Platform to my product line up!

The more I’ve worked with these actions the more impressed I’ve become with their build quality and consistent tolerances. Couple that with the single action length,
    the only missing link to making these rifles a true, switch barrel platform has been the lack of availability of bolt bodies with different bolt face diameters.

I’ve had the privilege of being able to inspect/measure many Tikka rifles coming through my shop and, over time, have accumulated
    a sizable library of dimensional data and tolerancing variance.

My bolts are dimensioned to hit the middle of that bell curve, ensuring the best compatibility with factory “take off” barrels and the growing number of aftermarket prefits available today.
    That said, These are NOT sold as a “drop in” part.
    Indeed, anytime a barrel is installed, headspace MUST be verified by a qualified person using appropriate gauges.

My T3 bolt bodies are CNC machined from 4340 and Nitrided for excellent long term durability and corrosion resistance. They are available in both Left and Right hand configurations and with .223, .308 and Belted Magnum bolt face diameters.

.223 Bolt Face...

.308/standard Bolt Face...

Belted Magnum Bolt Face...

Internal bolt parts are not included, but are interchangeable regardless of bolt face diameter. You can swap out from your existing bolt in a couple minutes, or order a spare set.

Current pricing and additional info can be found on my website here: https://www.prprecisionrifles.com/products-1/p/tikka-t3-bolt-body

Or, shoot me an email: pcook338@gmail.com and we can make it happen!

Regards,
    Paul
    PR Precision.
    AKA leelad
    www.prprecisionrifles.com
    On Facebook
    On Instagram

“Where Performance and Elegance meet” P.R. Precision

“Because life is too short to own an ugly gun...”

Super GunNutz
    Paul,

How they are trued to the receiver?

Well, the process of truing would be the same as that required for any bolt/receiver; setup each part in a lathe, dial true to axis and lightly face to ensure all bearing surfaces are perpendicular to bore axis.

That said, Tikka does a very good job of building actions that are straight and true. I have yet to see a Tikka that benefited from "blueprinting/truing" as is common in Remington and other actions. (Remington bolts heads, for instance, are silver soldered onto the bolt body and are often crooked to one degree or another)

My bolts are turned in one set up, ensuring all features are concentric and perpendicular to each other thereby making these bolts "true" from the get go.
    AKA leelad
    www.prprecisionrifles.com
    On Facebook
    On Instagram

“Where Performance and Elegance meet” P.R. Precision

“Because life is too short to own an ugly gun...”

Excellent! I’ve been thinking about converting my Tikka from 6.5 CM to 6.5 PRC!
    Support safe firearms ownership in Canada! Donate to legal challenges to the OIC and join the CCFR. Write or call your MP, Mendicino, or the PM. Take a Mapleseed course with a novice or take a friend to the range.

For sales on the EE, shipping to the majors included, payment by EMT, extra insurance at buyers discretion and expense. No trades unless mentioned in ad.

This is amazing!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Desjard's Avatar
    very nice
    Yeah I support PPC
    Pierre Poilievre for Canada.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dorian Gray's Avatar
    I like this. It's giving me ideas.

Super GunNutz
    I can attest to Paul's work and love this approach.

Glad to see these on the market.

Mine has been working great for a while now. Might have to get me a 223 one day

B
    I shoot wrong handed.... Sue Me! (Lefties Unite)
    I like to take photos of Firearm Related Stuff, Wildlife and Landscapes.
    Forever dreaming of a Blaser R8 - The ultimate switch-barrel rifle.

https://bandrphotography.ca/

This is very interesting, perhaps there is a way to line up a bundle deal, barrel + bolt body?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast